Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 AM

373 posts, read 710,393 times

Advertisements

I owed some land there and the smell of the paper plant wasnt as bad as the loud noise from gunfire at the large popular shooting range near by......bam bam bam bam kaboom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,706,316 times
^^^^^No problem. Be Happy. You can adjust to anything.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:25 PM

285 posts, read 800,462 times
can't say it enough, the smell of a dead skunk that seems to arrive every year on Newtown and waxhaw indian trail is way worse>

honestly i think you smell it maybe a couple times a year, nothing awful by all mean,

Old 01-13-2012, 04:32 PM

441 posts, read 1,487,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kidsmama View Post
can't say it enough, the smell of a dead skunk that seems to arrive every year on Newtown and waxhaw indian trail is way worse>

honestly i think you smell it maybe a couple times a year, nothing awful by all mean,
I think what you are referring to is the what we here call chicken sh#t. You need to remember, the wonderful place you live is or once was one of the largest poultry producing counties in the US. Intern you have quite a bit of chicken crap. Every year that is what the farmers use to fertilize their fields. Almost all of the area surrounding the area you are talking about is still an active farm or was in the past. Not to mention that there has been quit a bit of livestock there too. I know for fact that one particular farm experimented with treated human waste as fertilizer. Not sure if they still do. Next time you get a chance, drive down 218 in the spring!........

Old 03-04-2012, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,661 times
We're in the same situation as Florida_Sassy and will be relocating to the Waxhaw area in a couple of months with our three little children. I've some concerns regarding the WTP but I think these have been quite answered in many forums. My main concern now is the Shooting Range adjacent to Anklin Forest subdivision since we're about to close on a house there and just found out about them in our most recent visit last month and I'm very hesitant about even though my husband is convinced it's not a big deal.

Can anybody give some honest advise about this subdivision and the issues/noise with the Gun Club being so close by. Looking forward for some answers.

Thank you!

Old 03-04-2012, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,005 times
I am a "New Yorker" trying to get away from "New Yorkers" guess i am looking in the wrong place huh? What is your definition of a "New Yorker" anyway, just curious.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 AM

IMHO there are 3 definitions of a "New Yorker":

1) lives in one of the five (5) boroughs. More or less is part of the culture of "New York".

2) Lives on Long Island and calls himself "from New York". (ie: defines where he comes from but does not necessarily fit the life style of a "New Yorker"

3) Upstate NY. Comes from NY but in no way fits into #1 or #2 above.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:47 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,029,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
IMHO there are 3 definitions of a "New Yorker":

1) lives in one of the five (5) boroughs. More or less is part of the culture of "New York".

2) Lives on Long Island and calls himself "from New York". (ie: defines where he comes from but does not necessarily fit the life style of a "New Yorker"

3) Upstate NY. Comes from NY but in no way fits into #1 or #2 above.
Both 1 and 2 would have quite a few sub categories... Like if you lived in Jamaica Queens vs. the Upper East Side of Manhattan for #1... or if you lived in Suffolk v. Nassau for #2.

and speaking of smells in this thread... drive through Staten Island on a hot August day... that's technically as much #1 as any borough.

so in the end I think you need to just say it's either "Upstate" or "Downstate" NY.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Both 1 and 2 would have quite a few sub categories... Like if you lived in Jamaica Queens vs. the Upper East Side of Manhattan for #1... or if you lived in Suffolk v. Nassau for #2.

and speaking of smells in this thread... drive through Staten Island on a hot August day... that's technically as much #1 as any borough.

so in the end I think you need to just say it's either "Upstate" or "Downstate" NY.

LOL----Milkey, this is a Charlotte forum, remember?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:43 PM

335 posts, read 699,766 times
Who is more trustworthy: a New Yorker with the NY accent, or one without the accent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte