Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times

Advertisements

With all the crime of robbery & murder that is happening in south charlotte & near South Park, why is rest of Charlotte given slack as a place not to be.
CHARLOTTE | Armored car employee shot, robbed in S. Charlotte | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC (http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/01/23/3683406/armored-car-employee-shot-robbed.html - broken link)

Flying Biscuit Cafe could be cited by ALE for hiring convicted felon | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

North Lake Mall is given alot slack on this forum but every time I am ever in there I do not see thugs that is stated.
We where in the mall on a Saturday night and you would have thought it was Christmas season with all the shoppers.The crowd look like your typical middle class.
The Apple store was packed and I have yet figure that out. We only manage to get to one table but looking at all the other tables they appear similar.
Could someone enlighten me why so many people packed this place?

We ate at Chik Fila by the mall and the customer service is top notch.
Someone came by to see if we need anything more to drink.
I love the ketchup packets where you can tear the top and dip fries.
When we finish someone came by and offered to take our tray. I felt bad for not tipping. lol
After that we went into Target and every department we walk into someone stop by to see if they could help.

Sunday we went into South Park Mall, light crowd. I browsed around Nordstrom and they use to have this edgy section I like to browse but it wasn't there no more .

I look at prices of some of clothes 200- 500 for a pair of jeans and some of them had holes in them.
Look at a T-shirt $100 and it was made in China, and it was thin cotton too.
Who spends this much on clothes... crazy.
I found a pair of new looking jeans at Target by North Lake for 7 bucks.
Belks in South Park only store that had reasonable prices.

Anyways if your new to area dont judge an area solely by this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 07:32 AM

291 posts, read 870,223 times
On Saturday, South Park Mall was filled with shoppers - it was very lively and a nice place to be..the Food Court was packed. Nice diverse group of ages-lots of folks go there to walk when it's damp and rainy outside....we enjoy going there and have never had a problem. The Apple Store was packed there also...

Have never been to North Lake but am sure it is probably very nice....

Charlotte is a big city and has some big city problems, but if I were moving here, I would look at many of the different areas, depending on where I worked, whether or not the schools suited my children, etc. I think there are nice areas in almost every part of Charlotte, and I don't think we should pit North vs. South in our posts....just saying'.....

Everybody have a great day!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:41 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,018,280 times
Sunny, you crack me up. You promote Northlake because you had a good Chick-Fil-A experience, then put down South Park because Nordstom is too expensive. You're definitely a cheap date.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:45 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,715,494 times
Southside!

Old 01-26-2012, 08:14 AM

642 posts, read 1,170,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
Sunny, you crack me up. You promote Northlake because you had a good Chick-Fil-A experience, then put down South Park because Nordstom is too expensive. You're definitely a cheap date.
Careful, I think she's married ... .

Old 01-26-2012, 08:24 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times
Not to de-rail the conversation, but, that Flying Biscuit Cafe story was so very sad. What a tragedy. Shame on the owner for skipping a background check on that employee (a convicted felon, no less).

Carry on

Old 01-26-2012, 08:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post
Im only a she on Tuesdays
I guess you could say the 8 year partnership is like being married and that I am saving for new tires Im getting this afternoon.

To be fair I had what could have been a bad expierence at Red Robin by Northlake, Friday night.

We placed order for appetizers, then look over and manager had a staff meeting with servers right then in middle of a shift.
It seem like a long meeting too. Ugh I was mad and when my server finally came up I was short.
She apologized and said sorry, we had a meeting, I was just shy of finding that manager and telling him this is something you do at beginning of shift or with part of wait staff so others can tend to customers.

I dont know if she told rest of her staff but our service was awesome afterwards that I let it go.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:39 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post
Sunny is a he.

The 2 incidents into and of themselves are not defining of South Charlotte any more then a day trip to Southpark mall is... It's funny how perceptions are changed by the smallest of things like Chik-fil-a. lol - The Chik-fil-a next to the Flying Biscuit in Stonecrest (where the cook dumped her body), you'd find the same great experience as a customer.

I was just discussing this with my wife the other day. My experiences lately at Southpark have only confirmed how much money is being spent in the Charlotte area despite the "economy" - it's frankly amazing to me. Talk about an Apple store - you can't even get into the store in Southpark and most of the stores always have lines to checkout. All while surrounded by smartly dressed people giving you a sense of affluence. Southpark is not your T-shirt shoppers looking only for bargains and clearance racks.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,025,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Im only a she on Tuesdays
I guess you could say the 8 year partnership is like being married and that I am saving for new tires Im getting this afternoon.

LMAO, awesome reply.

Having been to South Park, North Lake & Carolina Place several times, I offer the following.

Crap food and service is the american way, you can also get great food & service from the same place, it is the luck of the draw.

As for the overpriced merchandise, if people are willing to buy it, it is not overpriced, personally I have seen overpriced crap in all 3 malls.

Also all three malls there are annoying people in all of them.

I go to one of these 3 malls when I have, personally I think they are all pretty dreadful.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:42 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,611 times
I don't think many murders tend to occur in S. Charlotte, which is why we are hearing more about this now. There are plenty of other crimes such as robberies and burglaries, and possibly many more not making headlines (car is stolen b/c it is left unlocked, for ex).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: