Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 05:29 PM

14 posts, read 77,491 times

Advertisements

I am new to Charlotte and trying to meet some people around my age. I am mid 20s and looking for a place that has a "relaxed" like feel to it where people are walking around, sitting on benches, and just enjoying the night/day. I've been to promenade on providence and that looked really promising, but there weren't many people there.

I am not into the club scene so I am not interested in Epicenter.

I did like freedom park, but I'd like if there were venues (coffee, maybe place to grab a drink, ect) within walking distance of whatever place this is.

I live near Indian trail, so the closer the better.

Like I say, I've been to some like the arboretum, but it was just deserted. Nobody was around!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 05:34 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,915 times
The cool people hang out in the urban east side. Jacks, P-Stone, Kennedys, Common Market, T-Street, Snug Harbor, Thirsty Beaver, wherever.

Uptown? guido wannabes, tourists, and the otherwise ill-informed.

South Charlotte? Bland people.

Lake Norman? Lake necks.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex753 View Post
I am new to Charlotte and trying to meet some people around my age. I am mid 20s and looking for a place that has a "relaxed" like feel to it where people are walking around, sitting on benches, and just enjoying the night/day. I've been to promenade on providence and that looked really promising, but there weren't many people there.

I am not into the club scene so I am not interested in Epicenter.

I did like freedom park, but I'd like if there were venues (coffee, maybe place to grab a drink, ect) within walking distance of whatever place this is.

I live near Indian trail, so the closer the better.

Like I say, I've been to some like the arboretum, but it was just deserted. Nobody was around!
In the south Charlotte area (which is NOT all bland folks as stated above ) look at Stonecrest, especially once the summer rolls around when they do free live music on Friday evenings. But also, check out the Starbucks there, lots of 20-somethings there at times. Also, check out Bailey's. They do beer pong there on Sunday nights and lots of people your age show up.

http://charlotte.citysearch.com/prof...ub_grille.html

Good luck, I know it must be hard meeting people all on your own in a new city.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 PM

14 posts, read 77,491 times
Any other places? I've actually been to Bailey's. I liked it, but felt weird going to a bar alone and everyone else there was with people lol.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex753 View Post
Any other places? I've actually been to Bailey's. I liked it, but felt weird going to a bar alone and everyone else there was with people lol.
Also check out Sir Edmond Halley's in the Park Rd. Shopping Center. They do a trivia night that I've heard is a lot of fun and really popular with your age group.

Sir Edmond Halley's Restaurant & Freehouse - News & Events

Also, pick up a copy of Creative Loafing (most grocery stores have them) and check out what's going on around the city each week.

And finally, consider joining CHOA - Charlotte Outdoor Adventures. This is a very active group and many people show up as singles to it. You can just pick an activity to participate in and start meeting people

Carolina Outdoor Adventures - sport social outdoor adventures
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte