Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 05:14 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I can tell you who I would NEVER deal with again, Bank of America. That is one messed up mortgage group.

Try a smaller local bank. Do not use any internet people, no matter how good the advertising sounds!
I work for them. Buying my house was the worst miserable experience of my life. I was distraught that my loan officer would see a dime off my loan. I had to complain up 4 levels just to get a simple question answered, and most of my complaints were ignored. I tried very hard to get the loan office guy my realtor recommended to match the rate, so that I could go with him instead, but they couldn't. My closing was also postponed about 3 weeks, to the point where the seller was about to walk, because of their incompetence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 06:31 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
I work for them. Buying my house was the worst miserable experience of my life. I was distraught that my loan officer would see a dime off my loan. I had to complain up 4 levels just to get a simple question answered, and most of my complaints were ignored. I tried very hard to get the loan office guy my realtor recommended to match the rate, so that I could go with him instead, but they couldn't. My closing was also postponed about 3 weeks, to the point where the seller was about to walk, because of their incompetence.
I am not at all surprised, though you would think a BofA employee might expect a little better treatment.

They are by far, THE worst of mortgage brokers, bar none.

I was ignored regularly too and had to get ruder than I've ever been in my life just to get them to admit they LOST the loan package. LOST IT! I could go on and on, and oh how I would LOVE to name names of some of these incompetants, but I'll refrain.

I promised them though that I would never allow another person I knew or just know of to EVER use them in the future.

Their name will be mud with me for the rest of my life.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:26 AM

277 posts, read 661,344 times
Worked with Ronnie when he was at Franklin National after the zombies at NVR jerked me around. It worked to my advantage because he found me a much better deal.

Ronnie Giberson
NMLS #802383
6135 Park South Drive, Suite 514
Charlotte, NC 28210

https://www.remn.com/bio/ronnie-giberson/

Old 05-07-2012, 07:23 AM

162 posts, read 729,639 times
see my reply in this thread:
Local lenders with best mortgage deals?.

I have also heard bad things about BoA's retail group. Can't get out of their own way, even for their own employees, lol.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:54 AM

226 posts, read 693,722 times
When I asked around for recommendations, I got Allen Tate and Myers Park Mortgage. I ended up going with Myers Park Mortgage, partially because my real estate agent was affiliated with Allen Tate. I like that they're local so it seems like they have more of an idea about Charlotte than some of the big banks and they seem to have more of a personal touch. Also, MPM has a rate-matching guarantee on their website if you do shop around. I am not affiliated with either company, but am a soon to be homebuyer.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:42 PM

34 posts, read 49,943 times
Hands down...Sandra Bortree: NorthSide Mortgage Group, LLC: Sandra Bortree (http://www.mooresvillebrg.org/members/northside_mortgage/index.php - broken link)

OUTSTANDING Lady!

Old 05-08-2012, 06:58 PM

748 posts, read 1,771,658 times
New American. We worked with Simon and it was painless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte