Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 03:01 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,741,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
In other-words you are saying Praise Jesus because innocent children and women abused by men will suffer, even die due to lack of health care and loss of protection from domestic violence, and your god and his illegitimate spawn Jesus just love it when children and the weak suffer.
Perhaps the vilest post ever posted. I protested the extremely offensive nature of the language, but the mod approves of this drivel.

Many very religious people voted against AMENDMENT ONE and this written diarrhea can only turn them off from supporting "the cause" if "the cause" includes folks of this ilk.

Its too bad that those that so passionately support gay marriage feel they have to do so in such an distasteful and ill advised way. If anyone thinks this trash is winning friends and influencing people they are sadly mistaken.

A pity.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:16 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,025,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Perhaps the vilest post ever posted. I protested the extremely offensive nature of the language, but the mod approves of this drivel.

Many very religious people voted against AMENDMENT ONE and this written diarrhea can only turn them off from supporting "the cause" if "the cause" includes folks of this ilk.

Its too bad that those that so passionately support gay marriage feel they have to do so in such an distasteful and ill advised way. If anyone thinks this trash is winning friends and influencing people they are sadly mistaken.

A pity.
Calm down.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:56 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,666,416 times
Quote:

A pity.
I think you are being a little dramatic. I didn't read that post as anything more than a response to the OP's snide remarks.

When someone says "your God" they are addressing what they believe is a misinterpretation of what they believe God/Jesus truly is....

Old 05-11-2012, 06:15 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,469,844 times
NC totally set the bar with this amendment! Oh, wait, you mean the majority of ALL states in the union have already passed a similar one??? Well crap.

What really get's me riled up about the whole thing is that THIS is what so many people REALLY care about. If I said there was a family in western NC tonight that was starving and the kids were eating dog food for dinner and had no access to medical attention the thread would get probably 4 replies and most would continue on their way. Bring up banning marriage by same sex couples and you get pages and pages of replies and mud slinging from both sides till the thread is locked.

Amazing where peoples passion really is, certainly not with their fellow man in most cases sadly. Unfortunate that we can't pour this kind of passion into making this world a better place to live in for the less fortunate.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:23 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,325,544 times
I don't think the politicians really care whether same sex are able to marry or not. they are using people's passions to get increased campaign contributions and retain their own power.

good hearted people are being used. IMO

Old 05-11-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
I don't think the politicians really care whether same sex are able to marry or not. they are using people's passions to get increased campaign contributions and retain their own power.

good hearted people are being used. IMO
Indeed. But remember what side of the aisle started all of this. It's not a simple "both sides are crazy" argument.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:28 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,553,637 times
Quote:
Sorry you think the truth sucks, but that doesn't change the reality. Perhaps you should revisit your views.

Quote:
I know that, but they also ain't going around saying "Praise Jesus" because it passed.

Quote:
I'm not supporting gay marriage, I am OPPOSING the hatred of bronze age ignorance and the homophobia that is drilled into the sheeple in many the fundy church across this state.

I appreciate you kind remarks, I chose to not make this personal, yet you did.......

Old 05-11-2012, 06:36 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,325,544 times
it doesn't matter who started it, one way or another.

politicians are using an issue for their own purposes. more votes + more money = more power for me

Old 05-11-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
it doesn't matter who started it, one way or another.

politicians are using an issue for their own purposes. more votes + more money = more power for me
It does indeed matter who started it as the politicians on that side engineered it to their advantage.

Look at the money coming out of churches for this and you'll see who's really taking advantage of whom.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:44 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,994,756 times
What gets me is people think only Christians voted for the amendment - I bet there's an even higher percentage of Muslims that voted for it -if they vote at all. Their numbers may be smaller, but I wonder why they get the free pass? They are not outspoken about it, wonder why. Passive -aggressives for once?
And any Jewish person that reads (and believes) the Torah should have voted for it too.

But the people that still spew hate to those that voted for it are what bothers me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte