Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 04:35 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
But your post above only solidifies my previous point. I mean really, you want to talk about hatred. Pot meet kettle.
Yes, if you are suggesting that I hate hate, that I am prejudice against the prejudice, and that I have zero tolerance for the intolerant then you are 100% correct and I'm extremely proud of that. It's 2012 and our society should be far past this ignorance.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:43 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,652,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Yes, if you are suggesting that I hate hate, that I am prejudice against the prejudice, and that I have zero tolerance for the intolerant then you are 100% correct and I'm extremely proud of that. It's 2012 and our society should be far past this ignorance.
AMEN!!

I am intolerant of your intolerance. | 37days.com - Home of Patti Digh

"I'm not going to be polite about this issue any longer by acknowledging that you have a right to believe the awful, hateful things you believe–you may believe them but I don't in any way have to collude with them by ignoring them, being polite about them, making peace about them.

This is hate, pure and simple. Call it what it is. You can hide behind religion if you want, but no religion I want any part of is based on hate. if you disparage my gay friends, I'm not going to be silent about it, I'm not going to apologize for my point of view, I'm not going to take the HRC sticker off my car, and I'm not going to say "let's all just get along." No.

You are wrong. You are as wrong as people who insisted that black Americans drink from a different water fountain. You are as wrong as school districts that let black schools use old textbooks of white students, but handed out sandpaper at the end of the year so the little black kids could sandpaper their germs off of them. Imagine the lesson those kids learned as a result of that hateful action."

Old 05-27-2012, 04:47 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,872,064 times
Lol

Old 05-27-2012, 06:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
More than 2,000 showed up to the rally, some from out of state.
read more here.
Thousands support message of love not hate at Newton protest | Hickory Daily Record

Old 05-27-2012, 07:06 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times
1,200 turn out for protest against anti-gay sermon | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

About 1,200 people protested Sunday against a Maiden preacher’s anti-gay sermon.

Although the turnout was smaller than the 2,000 that had been predicted, organizer Laura Tipton said she was proud of the turnout.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:15 PM

545 posts, read 594,215 times
Here is another insignificant individual that is getting WAY to much press time and the sad part of it is, the folks that he is ranting about are actually indirectly advertising his message!! GEEZ!

Old 05-27-2012, 07:24 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,872,064 times
It is a little funny to me when these activist groups "demand an apology". Why? What are you accomplishing? Having someone bow down at your feet? Most of us don't agree with what this guy said, even are disgusted by it, but it is his right to say what he did. I don't "demand" an apology from anybody for things they say. It is a bit juvenile and waaay too PC to go around demanding apologies. Just live your life and realize there will always be those who don't like you. Big whoop - you're going to let them "hurt your feelings" by saying ignorant things? I think these kind of groups need to get over themselves.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:30 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Quote:
Well first let me say that I really don't appreciate being called an idiot, but I'm sure that doesn't matter to you.

Here's the thing, North Carolina is being looked down upon by the entire nation as a state filled with bigots, first there was the ridiculous Amendment One vote, then there was the "crack your kids wrist" jackoff, now this guy. This guy, who by the way is breaking federal law by campaigning against the US President. I'm not a native of North Carolina and I'm sick and tired of apologizing for this state. It's embarassing.
I am a native of North Carolina and I would be interested in which federal law this preacher violated. He is standing in his pulpit, minding his own business by talking to his church members and the only people who have any right to say anything about what his says are the members of his church. It is called freedom of religion and you need to get your nose out of that church's business.

Do you not realize most of the civil rights movement activity came from church meetings?

The lack of knowledge of the American public astounds me when it comes to what the constitution does and does not allow. I am beginning to feel like I live in a communist country when the public starts telling a preacher what he can and cannot say and demonstrates against that pastor. If you don't like what he says, don't go to that church. Otherwise MYOB.

I don't think I have ever gone to any church that I agreed with everything the pastor said. God is more than capable of taking care of His own. What this preacher does or does not say is nothing you need to worry about.

Last edited by NCN; 05-27-2012 at 07:38 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 07:55 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am a native of North Carolina and I would be interested in which federal law this preacher violated. He is standing in his pulpit, minding his own business by talking to his church members and the only people who have any right to say anything about what his says are the members of his church. It is called freedom of religion and you need to get your nose out of that church's business.
Maiden church should be investigated, group says | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

A Baptist church in Maiden violated federal tax law when its pastor intervened in the presidential election, the Washington, D.C.-based watchdog group Americans United for Separation of Church and State said Wednesday.
Americans United asked the Internal Revenue Service to investigate Providence Road Baptist Church, whose pastor, Charles Worley, on May 13 delivered a sermon urging the congregation to vote against President Barack Obama.
In a release, the group stated that during an extended attack on Obama’s support for same-sex marriage, Worley suggested quarantining gays and lesbians and allowing them to die. Those statements attracted widespread media attention, but Americans United said the IRS should not overlook his remarks regarding Obama.
“Pastor Worley’s vicious and mean-spirited assault on gays and lesbians is bad enough,” said the Rev. Barry Lynn, executive director of Americans United. “His pulpit command that people not vote for President Obama is a violation of federal tax law.”
During the sermon, Worley referred to “our president getting up and saying that it was all right for two women to marry or two men to marry,” and added “I was disappointed bad.”
He then went on to observe “Someone said, ‘Who ya gonna vote for?’ I ain’t gonna vote for a baby killer and a homosexual lover.”
In a letter sent to the IRS on Wednesday, Lynn told the federal tax agency that Worley’s action is a clear violation of federal law, which prohibits all 501 nonprofit groups from intervening in elections by endorsing or opposing candidates.
Americans United’s Project Fair Play encourages religious organizations to learn about the provisions of federal tax law. When churches or other religious groups violate the law, Americans United files complaints with the IRS, the release said.
Worley couldn’t be reached for comment on Wednesday.
[LEFT]
Read more here: Maiden church should be investigated, group says | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper
[/LEFT]

Old 05-27-2012, 08:08 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Quote:
Maiden church should be investigated, group says | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

A Baptist church in Maiden violated federal tax law when its pastor intervened in the presidential election, the Washington, D.C.-based watchdog group Americans United for Separation of Church and State said Wednesday.
Americans United asked the Internal Revenue Service to investigate Providence Road Baptist Church, whose pastor, Charles Worley, on May 13 delivered a sermon urging the congregation to vote against President Barack Obama.
In a release, the group stated that during an extended attack on Obama’s support for same-sex marriage, Worley suggested quarantining gays and lesbians and allowing them to die. Those statements attracted widespread media attention, but Americans United said the IRS should not overlook his remarks regarding Obama.
“Pastor Worley’s vicious and mean-spirited assault on gays and lesbians is bad enough,” said the Rev. Barry Lynn, executive director of Americans United. “His pulpit command that people not vote for President Obama is a violation of federal tax law.”
During the sermon, Worley referred to “our president getting up and saying that it was all right for two women to marry or two men to marry,” and added “I was disappointed bad.”
He then went on to observe “Someone said, ‘Who ya gonna vote for?’ I ain’t gonna vote for a baby killer and a homosexual lover.”
In a letter sent to the IRS on Wednesday, Lynn told the federal tax agency that Worley’s action is a clear violation of federal law, which prohibits all 501 nonprofit groups from intervening in elections by endorsing or opposing candidates.
Americans United’s Project Fair Play encourages religious organizations to learn about the provisions of federal tax law. When churches or other religious groups violate the law, Americans United files complaints with the IRS, the release said.
Worley couldn’t be reached for comment on Wednesday.
[LEFT]
Read more here: Maiden church should be investigated, group says | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper
[/LEFT]
There goes freedom of religion. It won't be long until money given to churches will no longer be tax exempt because I don't know many preachers who will stand for being told what they can and cannot say in the pulpit. As far as I am concerned, just take the tax exempt away. According to statistics, the people of the church will give the same amount either way. And evil people will always try to harm the church. It has been that way since the beginning of time.

Maybe we should be thankful that we don't have to go hide in basements to have church. How long do you think it will take to make that happen?

Last edited by NCN; 05-27-2012 at 08:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte