Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:06 AM

201 posts, read 1,282,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
Eh, Ballantyne is too planned for my tastes. I much prefer areas that grow naturally, not that are all developed by the same group.
Thats great for you... Have fun commuting to the Grocery Store and fixing up your old house.

Ballantyne is NICE.

I wanna move there sometime in that one big Apartment Complex (Dont know the name) across the street from the shopping center.

Theres a lake, a playground and within your own neighborhood is like 10 restaurants, a Blockbuster, Drug Store, Dry Cleaners, Movie Theatre, YMCA, and Grocery Store.

You could seriously live there and be happy and have tons of fun, and never leave a 10 block radius and STILL have literally everything you could ever want.

I LOVE Ballantyne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 11:36 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,033,951 times
Default snowwhite

I love Blakeny but don't consider it to be Ballantyne.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:43 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
I love Blakeny but don't consider it to be Ballantyne.
Maybe a realtor can clear this up...I think of the whole area between Rea Rd and Johnston Rd bordered by the county line as Ballantyne, but I could be wrong

Old 09-25-2007, 11:49 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
With planned developments its always hard to tell when they stop and the next one starts.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:12 PM

241 posts, read 755,505 times
OMG, I love the area so much that I am giving them more credit than needed..Hey, it was worth a shot
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Tom, glad to know you too appreciate Ballantyne - but I need to correct something. Ballantyne is NOT a city. It is just a development in Charlotte. It is well within Charlotte's city limits

Old 09-26-2007, 02:59 PM

33 posts, read 98,903 times
That is one of the things I love about Bally. Everything you need is literally at your doorstep. I live in Atkins Circle and am literally next door to upscale dining, a vintage wine cellar, earth fare, salons, and shopping.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:13 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Loves your right...it is considered Ballantyne..and oh how I LOVE BLAKENEY... and I love being 1 mile from it...

Old 09-26-2007, 09:48 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,033,951 times
Default hmm interesting...

When I see homes up for sale in that area they say close to Ballantyne but they don't say "IN" Ballantyne and my realtor lives right across the street and she said she has a ballantyne zip code but it is not really Ballantyne...so who knows?! ha!

NCmom..how are the kids doing back to school?

Old 09-27-2007, 05:32 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
When I see homes up for sale in that area they say close to Ballantyne but they don't say "IN" Ballantyne and my realtor lives right across the street and she said she has a ballantyne zip code but it is not really Ballantyne...so who knows?! ha!

NCmom..how are the kids doing back to school?

Ahh MJ fantastic..we are working thru some issues since my dd is so far behind and my ds is behind in Science and Math....but Let me tell you I love the schools, and my kids are doing really well and my son well he happier than a pig in you know what..LOL....he has made a ton of friends to come to find out they all live here and on my side of the development so that is even better....

thanks for asking, when are we doing lunch again???

Old 09-27-2007, 07:00 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
Ahh MJ fantastic..we are working thru some issues since my dd is so far behind and my ds is behind in Science and Math....but Let me tell you I love the schools, and my kids are doing really well and my son well he happier than a pig in you know what..LOL....he has made a ton of friends to come to find out they all live here and on my side of the development so that is even better....

thanks for asking, when are we doing lunch again???
Life can be so much less stressful when our kids are truly happy and have good friends Guess that means you'll be in Charlotte for years to come!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte