Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 06:50 PM

179 posts, read 378,728 times

Advertisements

So before I take my trip to Charlotte I ordered a city guide full of events and attractions. After looking through it, it proposed that Charlotte's "got alot to do" however after reading, I couldnt quite get a grasp on what to check out other than NoDA, Freedom park, and a few unique places to eat. I am missing something? Anything going on the weekend of June 30?

I'm starting to feel like this is a hit or miss trip. And that I've missed the bullseye of enjoyment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 07:38 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrudaluknglass View Post
So before I take my trip to Charlotte I ordered a city guide full of events and attractions. After looking through it, it proposed that Charlotte's "got alot to do" however after reading, I couldnt quite get a grasp on what to check out other than NoDA, Freedom park, and a few unique places to eat. I am missing something? Anything going on the weekend of June 30?

I'm starting to feel like this is a hit or miss trip. And that I've missed the bullseye of enjoyment.
There's definitely stuff going on that weekend: Search Results - The Charlotte Observer

Old 06-24-2012, 07:40 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,598,169 times
weekend10.com was nice to get an idea on what was going on during the weekends, but they stopped updating a while ago, and now it doesn't appear the site is hosted anymore.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:46 PM

624 posts, read 2,108,936 times
I'm hoping that isn't a direct quote from the city guide..."got alot to do" Hyperbole and a Half: The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

Is there any specific type of event you are looking for? Festival, concert, etc...?

There should be a number of 4th of July parades and activities going on.

Friday, June 29 to Sunday, July 1
Red, White & Belmont
Carnival rides, games, vendors & food, Friday Night Live concert from the Tams & fireworks, watermelon and apple pie eating contests. Fireworks display Friday and Sunday nights.

Saturday, June 30
Town of Troutman
Independence Festival
5 to 9 p.m. at Iredell County Fairgrounds
Free admission, kids zone, beer tent, live music, 3 on 3 basketball tournament, arts & crafts, fireworks at dark.

Symphony in the Park
11536 Bailey Road, Cornelius
Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.

Sunday, July 1
Town of Davidson
Independence Day Parade
5:15 p.m. at McEver field

Below are some websites to see what's going on (Copied from one of Carolina Blue's Events & Activities post)

PERFORMING ARTS & LIVE MUSIC VENUES:
North Carolina Blumenthal Performing Arts Center Home
Theatre Charlotte
Actor's Theatre Charlotte
Carolina Actors' Studio Theatre
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte | Quality Family Entertainment | Classes and Summer Camps
North Carolina Dance Theatre
Charlotte Symphony Orchestra
CPCC Arts and Communications — Performing Arts
Welcome to the Davidson Community Players Online!
UNC Charlotte Performing Arts
Time Warner Cable Arena
Bojangles Coliseum :: Home
Ovens Auditorium :: Home
AMOSSOUTHEND.COM - Charlotte, NC - 704-377-6874
The Double Door Inn - Bringing Live Music to the Carolina since 1973
Neighborhood Theatre
www.theeveningmuse.com
Premier Live Music Club in Charlotte, NC - The Visulite Theatre - Home
Home Page
Snug Harbor . Rock & Roll . Charlotte . NC
Official Home of Tremont Music Hall
NC Music Factory
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte Concert Tickets, Schedule, Information |Official Live Nation Site
Bechtler Mueum of Modern Art

EVENT LISTING SITES:
CharlotteCultureGuide.com: Art, Dance, Music, History and things to do in the Charlotte, North Carolina region!
Creative Loafing Charlotte | Home
Charlotte's Got A Lot - Official Charlotte NC Travel Resource
Charlotte On The Cheap
Charlotte's Leading Entertainment & News web site
Charlotte Events & Concerts | Upcoming Events in Charlotte, NC - Eventful

CHARLOTTE SPORTS TEAMS SITES:
Baseball: Knights - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball | Charlotte Knights Homepage
Football: Panthers - The Official Site of the Carolina Panthers
Basketball: Bobcats - http://www.nba.com/bobcats/
Hockey: Checkers - http://www.gocheckers.com/

Old 06-24-2012, 07:52 PM

186 posts, read 436,600 times
There is also Discovery Place, the US Whitewater Center, Mint Museum, Bechtler, Latta Plantation, Duke Energy Explorium, Nascar Hall of Fame, Carowinds, the ZMax Dragway at Lowes Speedway, renting a boat and going out on Lake Norman. The EpiCenter Uptown has a number of great choices for dining, Vida for Mexican, Blackfinn for pub type food, BLT for fine dining at the Ritz, Mortons, Luce, and Malabar (paella!). Are you looking for just recreation? Or are you checking out Charlotte as a place to live? Its hot here end of June, beginning of July. Great time to hang out at the pool, in the A/C or on the water which is where you'll find the locals.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:46 PM

thank you all for posting these great answers. i am visiting with intent for recreation, and checking out some neighboorhoods for possible relocation.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:47 PM

MysteryMT wow! such great info, thank you very much.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:52 PM

thanks for th elink topchief

Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Buffet Dinner Cruises : Queen's Landing - Lake Norman, NC

NC Historic Sites - President James K. Polk

http://www.waxhaw.com/

http://www.co.union.nc.us/Department...ecreation.aspx

Last edited by NCN; 06-24-2012 at 09:36 PM..

Old 06-24-2012, 09:34 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
Jenna Wolfe at the USNWC for NBC's Today Show | U.S. National Whitewater Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte