Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 03:13 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,975,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goindownsouth2011 View Post
that Wilson guy with the camo hat on the a.m. show He is unwatchable!
Yep. He is the reason that I don't watch an otherwise OK morning show. The producer of that program thinks that an often screaming over-aged fratboy is appealing. Their 10PM news is much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goindownsouth2011 View Post
Hmmm. I usually watch Fox. And all I wanna know is: when is Morgan Fogarty back from maternity leave??? I haven't enjoyed the news for the past month.

Oh, and also, when does the contract expire for that Wilson guy with the camo hat on the a.m. show? He is unwatchable!
The morning show went downhill when Mathis was fired. It was ok until Anna left. Now it is a ice cold weather girl, not funny guy, stiff boring other girl, no-coca-cola glasses traffic guy (said to see the glasses retired), and of course Wilson... boy does he yell. Yeah, the show lost it's magic... bad.

As for WCNC-TV... you know it was bad when they were telling you the "primetime" olympic results when their own station aired them 2 hours later. What idiots.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:41 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
I used to watch WCNC (NBC), but this latest bunch in the mornings really is pathetic. I do give props to Larry Sprinkle as he is the one bright spot of the production. The anchor (Ira Cronin) is giving his best shot to transition from sports guy to news anchor. He's ok. The blonde anchor woman is just that... an anchor dragging that station down. And the traffic girl is something else. She must be the station manager's neice or something. Let's leave it at that. Their other newscasts aren't too bad and I like the mature male local news anchor in the evenings. But their so-called sports director is an absolute idiot. I didn't like him from day one with his pompous attitude and I still turn the channel when he comes on.

The ABC news is a snoozefest as well, so I am left with WBTV (CBS) or Newschannel 14 as my two watchable choices. I like the morning news on WBTV. Even their weather guy and traffic woman are pretty good.

But, since I have a (harmless ) crush on Tara Lane on Newschannel 14, I tend to watch 'weather on the one's' pretty often!

Old 08-15-2012, 06:09 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,362,441 times
I believe the quality of news presentation on WCNC has declined in the past few years, whereas it used to be much better. Their good talent always seems to leave, most recently Bobby Sisk. But I do like Larry Sprinkle. And I have never understood why they think Sonja Gantt is appealing as a lead anchor. She doesn't have a good speaking voice or style of presentation, and needs to go. Unappealing. And the airhead traffic girl in the mornings is awful; the traffic guy on WSOC in the mornings is much, much, better. And overall, WBTV and WSOC are much better and my newcasts of choice. And WCNC is the only Charlotte news station that refuses to upgrade the news studio to high definition, so the other channels look much better and have better video quality. And they keep changing the name. First, they were WCNC, then Newschannel 36, now NBC Charlotte. They should return to 36 branding or NBC36.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:13 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
FYI, there is a big difference between depreciation and unappreciation.

You might want to look up those definitions
Or depreciation vs. deprecation.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:16 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,740 times
Unrealted, forgive me

Still kills me

Old 08-15-2012, 07:19 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Unrealted, forgive me

Still kills me
LOL. I sometimes wonder if Anchorman with Will Ferrell was really a documentary about local news.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:53 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Default Just an excuse to post this:

Old 08-15-2012, 08:10 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,409,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastproof View Post
I am a TV news junkie. As a traveling man, I have seen my share of solid TV news, and it's a shame that the NBC station in Charlotte NC acts like they are in Dubuque. It's hard to know where to begin saying how bad this TV station is. Okay, we'll start in the morning! WHAT A BUNCH OF SENSELESS BLATHER. First of all, there is ZERO information being given out on this sad excuse tor TV news. It's all about promoting station events or contests with a only glance at the headlines. The girl anchor is tiresome to listen to. It's as if she has a secret goal to out-quip the guy anchor, or even worse is the way that she insists on sequeing from the last story to the weather. "That's some big pumpkin. Hey Larry, any pumpkins in the forecast?" Stop, already.

Or, how about that total waste of an hour that is Charlotte Today? I've seen only a handfull of episodes, but they each come out identical. I guess I need a vagina to appreciate that harpie of a host. What a disingenuous piece of haughty work SHE is. Fake and unlikeable. And who's that chick doing all the reports? Clueless idiot. This has to be some of the worst TV I've ever seen.

Noon news? More like noon snippets. Obviously aimed at the 40 year old moms out there. LADIES, YOU'RE BEING PANDERED TO! In fact, I think the whole station expects that the only people out there are 40+ moms with limited attention spans and a weak grasp on the issues. Can't really comment on the evening shows, but I have to believe that they are not much better.

Station manager, there are smart people in this city who turn your station OFF. I'd hate to see your ratings. How about INFORMING your viewers of things that matter, and rely less on trying to be the mom-show.

Nielsen ratings: Charlotte TV newscasts | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

WCNC has been the one making the recent gains in all their local newscasts but their 11 pm one. Even the national newscast at 6:30 benefitted from WCNC's newscast as a lead in.

All I know is I wouldn't watch the newscast with Brotha Fred on it. He and his hair were terrible.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:17 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
All I know is I wouldn't watch the newscast with Brotha Fred on it. He and his hair were terrible.
"Fauxhawk". I'm nearly embarrassed to know that, but I've always liked Morgan Fogarty, and Fred mentioned it on one show I happened to be watching.

Last edited by vmaxnc; 08-15-2012 at 08:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte