Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:41 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,280,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Not quite the same situation at all.

First of all, the NBA has fallen out of favor (too many high paid thugs and not many hero's to get behind anymore) and second of all George Shinn ruined the taste for basketball in this city.

But baseball IS America's past-time
I detest the term thug associated with NBA players and is simply made because most of the players are black. 99.9% of these players are law abiding citizens, volunteer in the community, do tons of goodwill but let a handful of players make a mistake and the entire league get's slammed in the media. The only difference between the NHL and NBA is perpection....wonder why that it is?

Le Bron a thug? Kevin Durant a thug? Carmello Anthony a thug? Kobe a thug? Who on the Bobcats team is a thug? Chris Paul a thug? I mean who on the olympic team was a thug? Lol, coach K a thug?...it really pisses me off because I know it's not true, the "thug" label.

Anyway, the baseball stadium will be very successful uptown and long overdue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 04:32 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Carmello Anthony a thug?
Maybe!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Snitchin%27

Old 09-13-2012, 06:11 AM

247 posts, read 378,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Yo.....the location (see crime reports) is not one you might want to walk to......maybe run....lol I hope people that live in charlotte and pay charlotte taxes will get first choice of tickets at a discount
Please provide proof to support your allegations. Given the fact I have seen you complain about your house "almost" being burned down by fireworks, and about a fight that "almost" happened at Harris Teeter, I doubt that you have your facts straight on this.

I work uptown, park on Graham street across from the site where the stadium is going to be built, and I would not hesitate to walk in that area any day, at any time.

I think you should change your screen name to Chicken Little, as it appears that the sky is always falling in your world of unfounded fears and unfair assumptions.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:55 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie4417 View Post
Please provide proof to support your allegations. Given the fact I have seen you complain about your house "almost" being burned down by fireworks, and about a fight that "almost" happened at Harris Teeter, I doubt that you have your facts straight on this.

I work uptown, park on Graham street across from the site where the stadium is going to be built, and I would not hesitate to walk in that area any day, at any time.

I think you should change your screen name to Chicken Little, as it appears that the sky is always falling in your world of unfounded fears and unfair assumptions.
Exactly.

I've seen people on here imply that they are "scared", or make comments about Uptown saying its dangerous without offering any proof...Its called being ignorant.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:57 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Exactly.

I've seen people on here imply that they are "scared", or make comments about Uptown saying its dangerous without offering any proof...Its called being ignorant.
The sad part is half of them post the most when people ask about Charlotte and Uptown...

Old 09-13-2012, 07:10 AM

247 posts, read 378,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The sad part is half of them post the most when people ask about Charlotte and Uptown...
I find it ironic that the people who know the least about a matter seem to be ones stating "facts".

I am VERY excited to have baseball coming to Uptown Charlotte, but at the same time I understand that there are those who don't share my excitement for one reason or another.

What irks me is that people feel they need to tear this project down using incorrect and inaccurate information to help support their own personal agenda(s). I don't begrudge anyone their opinion, but don't slant the facts or make things up.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,992,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I detest the term thug associated with NBA players and is simply made because most of the players are black.
Does the Lynx run by this new stadium? If not, how far will the walk be?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-16-2012 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: orphan the referring post edited

Old 09-13-2012, 08:34 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,932,401 times
The reason the Knights will be a better draw is simple, the Bobcats are a **** poorly managed team that lacks professional talent who couldn’t win if the NBA allowed 6 of them on the court at a time. This is not the case with the Knights who are very competitive.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:49 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I have an issue with any "sport" that demands and requires government welfare, i.e. taxpayers forced to pay for it, in order for it to succeed.
Well, that's a whole other subject.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:51 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I haven't noticed this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte