Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 10:00 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,655,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Those three reasons were given on the official announcements from the DNC. So my point being that they failed on #1.
You *might* want to save your "failed" pronouncement 'til after the election. The race is still extremely close here - one pollster declaring otherwise doesn't make it so.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:24 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,976,202 times
^Maybe, maybe not. I tend to think the NC race won't be close at all. The pollster is being very pragmatic.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:26 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
^Maybe, maybe not.
rofl

Old 10-11-2012, 11:18 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,698,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
You *might* want to save your "failed" pronouncement 'til after the election. The race is still extremely close here - one pollster declaring otherwise doesn't make it so.
I agree with you & the other poster who said something along the same lines. Polls are only as accurate as the people who they get to take them. I once worked for a polling company. Most people hang up on you & many questions are leading. I think that what's more telling is that most people who I have contact with are angry with the state legislature & angry with the federal Congress.

There's a video of a commercial that pretty well sums up what I hear. I don't know where she is, but look for the commercial for Deb Butler. I don't think that I can post it because of what she's talking about & holding. The ad is on YouTube. Search for Deb Butler NC Senate.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:20 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,845,701 times
Even if the Democrats picked North Carolina for the sole reason that it was a close swing state, and they lose in the election, so what? It was still the best decision they could have made at the time with the information they had.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Even if the Democrats picked North Carolina for the sole reason that it was a close swing state, and they lose in the election, so what? It was still the best decision they could have made at the time with the information they had.
consider the source...

the OP used Russian news links during the convention to prove Charlotte was a concentration camp. Also posted the most boring protest video on earth while predicting it would cast a black eye on the world.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:26 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,976,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
consider the source...
I find this response to be a violation of forum rules as you are making up lies about me.

I clearly stated where I got the information from, local TV, and anyone interested in the topic could spend 2 seconds on google to read more.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times
FREW: I understood what you meant and your comments were valid. They chose Charlotte cause they thought it would tie up the state for them. But honestly, I knew that at the time - they made no pretense of it. And that is fine! That is actually good politics.

I also agree with those who said - who gives a rat's ass about polls. Really. I have had to design polls for various organizations in the past (in a professional capacity) and truly - opinion changes as the wind blows.

I have been involved in this state's politics since a child as my dad was in politics for part of his life. I am fascinated with voting patterns . . . and there is no way in hell I would make a prediction on whether this state is going red or blue or purple come November.

Anyone who thinks they know the politics of this state and is making a prediction is either a fool or a tool.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
FREW: I understood what you meant and your comments were valid. They chose Charlotte cause they thought it would tie up the state for them. But honestly, I knew that at the time - they made no pretense of it. And that is fine! That is actually good politics.

I also agree with those who said - who gives a rat's ass about polls. Really. I have had to design polls for various organizations in the past (in a professional capacity) and truly - opinion changes as the wind blows.

I have been involved in this state's politics since a child as my dad was in politics for part of his life. I am fascinated with voting patterns . . . and there is no way in hell I would make a prediction on whether this state is going red or blue or purple come November.

Anyone who thinks they know the politics of this state and is making a prediction is either a fool or a tool.
Are you calling the OP a fool or a tool? Just sayin...

Old 10-11-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I find this response to be a violation of forum rules as you are making up lies about me.

I clearly stated where I got the information from, local TV, and anyone interested in the topic could spend 2 seconds on google to read more.
making up lies?

did you post a boring video about the protestors being blocked and say it would be a black eye on the convention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad
I was being kind. The Russians (RT News) were also laughing at the Charlotte DNC Security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte