Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 04:56 PM

36 posts, read 125,121 times

Advertisements

yeah the deli meats are at crazy prices. 10.99 a pound what is up with that? same meat up north is 4.99 a lb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 06:55 PM

241 posts, read 891,486 times
Can anybody compare the grocery cost in Charlotte to the cost in California? We don't have a grocery tax in Ca but I know that there's a 2% (is that correct) in Charlotte. I've heard about the comparison from NY to NC, but I've never lived in NY, so I can't relate.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:32 PM

92 posts, read 317,899 times
I can't figure out tax...food should be 2% but sometimes I've been charged 7.5% on food...esp. meat, mostly meat... Milk is crazy...I used to think maybe the gas prices trickled down to the dairy farmers and that's why I'm paying 4.29 a gallon for milk, but one poster was right..we're in the middle of 10,000 cows here...what's up?

I'd hate to think NC milk is being shipped to Iowa, while Iowa milk is being shipped here...although, it wouldn't surprise me a bit..

Old 10-25-2007, 08:20 PM

235 posts, read 729,898 times
Try shopping at the Super Walmart you will be amazed how much you save. I told someone else who lives in NC to shop there and she couldn't believe how far her money went there. The meat is very good there haven't had a problem yet. If you are a coupon cutter watch and look when HT and Lowes do triple coupons last time I saved over 45.00...

Old 10-25-2007, 09:21 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Walmart is good for CERTAIN items, not everything. The quality of their vegetables are horrible IMO (& I'm picky). My kids drink alot of apple juice. Walmart is not the cheapest. Usually BJ's or Food Lion is. I admit it is easier to do your shopping in one place but as the poster said earlier, look for those hot deals from certain stores...

Old 10-25-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare893969 View Post
yeah the deli meats are at crazy prices. 10.99 a pound what is up with that? same meat up north is 4.99 a lb.
I'm assuming your talking about the dietz and watson oven roasted TB or roast beef? Yeah, if you don't get your cold cuts on sale it can be PRICEY.

I usually get my yellow american at BJ's (3.49/lb) and "splurge" on the boars head turkey breast for 8.99/lb mostly....

Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 PM

92 posts, read 317,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwo418 View Post
Try shopping at the Super Walmart you will be amazed how much you save. I told someone else who lives in NC to shop there and she couldn't believe how far her money went there. The meat is very good there haven't had a problem yet. If you are a coupon cutter watch and look when HT and Lowes do triple coupons last time I saved over 45.00...
And tell me where the coupons are...I don't subscribe to the observer...there has to be other places to get the really good coupon ads...I know the internet, but I miss getting the free local paper and they gave you the coupons anyway!!!!

Puhlease....wimper, sad eyes, please...)

Old 10-25-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn2shoes View Post
And tell me where the coupons are...I don't subscribe to the observer...there has to be other places to get the really good coupon ads...I know the internet, but I miss getting the free local paper and they gave you the coupons anyway!!!!

Puhlease....wimper, sad eyes, please...)
The best coupons I've found are in the Observer. You can get a deal on the observer for 1.49 for sat. & sunday delivery to your home....when you goto Harris teeter, buy an observer and scan it in the self checkout. You'll get one of those checkout coupons for a deal...it's pretty sweet.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:48 PM

189 posts, read 580,107 times
Since moving from CT I think grocery prices are very cheap with the exception of 12 packs of soda. Everything else seems to be significantly cheaper for me and I do all of my shopping at Harris Teeter (which most people say is expensive).

Im also saving more than 6K per year on property taxes and my car insurance dropped more than 50%. No complaints here!!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:51 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Oh my the groceries here are so much higher than NJ I dread going food shopping..and I buy boars Head and yes 10.99 a pound insane..I paid like 5.99 a pound back home, but everything else for us is cut in half just about...but it does get me on the food shopping thing..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte