Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:45 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
Bear in mind this happened ten years ago (almost exactly) but here goes:

I had my first child with Eastover. When I was pregnant with my second, I was almost eight months along when I called to schedule an appointment with my doctor. (Doctor Fisher) They said that he had decided to stop doing OB work.

"Was he ever going to let his pregnant patients know that?"

"Well, when you're pregnant you're considered a patient of the practice."

"But I'm only going to the practice because of Doctor Fisher."

That's how I ended up as a patient of Doctor Solomon.

At Eastover it was like I was on a conveyor belt as soon as I got into the building. I felt as though I never got any personal care whatsoever. They always asked for my patient number, not my name. I waited for an hour and a half to get an ultrasound.

As a matter of fact, my husband registered me at the hospital with his last name because he was afraid the baby would be given my last name. When my daughter was six weeks old, Eastover called me to ask about the bill for my delivery.

"We prepaid what wasn't covered by insurance."

"We have that you had no physician and we have no record of insurance for you."

"What?! I went to your practice throughout my entire pregnancy.......wait a minute.....look up Cynthia M"

"Oh yes....here it is. We have no record of your delivery."

"So according to your records, I'm 47 weeks pregnant? Was anyone going to check up on me?"
WOW! Thanks for the "heads-up". Makes me NOT want to go there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblkqueen View Post
Dr. Grant Campbell, he's great over at Eastover Obgyn. The one in the University area. Very easy to talk to, and always wants you to call him Grant. He's also a specailist.
I'd be going to the offices in the Arboretum. Dr. Campbell was not on the phone list at the Arboretum. Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 08:10 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,033,951 times
Default drs.

If we have children I will probably switch drs. and go to someone that delivers at CMC-main or university. I think I was told those are the best places you want to be just in case of any complications.
Dr. Solomon only delivers at Matthews.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,814 times
Default I had a bad experience w/Mintview's other office!

Hey! I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. I had a bad experience at Mintview's office on Randolph rd. I saw Dr. Louise Rogers and she was awful. She was rude and pushy and I felt rushed. I had several questions and she never answered them. After my exam she rushed out and said "the nurse will be back for you" but the nurse never came back. I wandered around the office until I found someone that could tell me how to check out! Dr. Rogers made rude remarks to me and she was very unprofessional. I guess she just is either burned out or she just has terrible bedside manners. Either way, she makes Mintview look bad for all the other doctors. As for the staff, they need to work on their customer service skills. They are always busy and if you call they always put you on hold. They are not nice about scheduling appointments either (they are not flexible at all). I actually gave them another chance thinking it would be better the next time and it was not. I will not be going back there!

Old 12-15-2007, 04:47 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
I go to Arboretum OB/Gyn. They have an office on Providence Rd, as well as see patients at Presbyterian in Matthews. You can register through their website; don't have it handy so just please Google. Dr. Sophia Paige is okay, all business and professional, but not the touchy-feely person I would have preferred. Not have had any rudeness from the front desk, nor problems with insurance billing confusion or scheduling appointments. Of course I only come for gyn visits since I'm waaaaay past the OB stage!

Old 12-15-2007, 05:42 PM

513 posts, read 2,111,008 times
Dr. Philip DeHoff or Dr. Morris at Providence Women's Care (near Presby uptown) are the BEST! Dr. DeHoff is always listed as one of Charlotte's "Top Docs" in Charlotte Magazine. There is a new female dr there - I can't remember her name but I've heard she is good. Their phone is 704-372-4000. A little drive from SE Charlotte, but well worth it. I have been to several practices in Charlotte (and in other states where I've lived) and they are BY FAR the best! Also, they are affiliated with both CMC and Presby uptown - which are the best places to have a baby in Charlotte, particularly if problems arise.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:33 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,339,300 times
Of course, I am partial to Certified Nurse Midwives myself.....

http://www.charlotteob.org/
https://www.carolinashealthcare.org/facilities/cpn/OBGYN_locations.cfm (broken link)

Old 12-16-2007, 07:08 PM
nik

58 posts, read 244,793 times
I can't tell you how many people recommended Dr. Moore at Bradford Clinic to me. I chose him and love him! I had previously only seen female doctors.

He is really great!! We just moved from Charlotte and I'm having a hard time finding anyone that I like nearly as much.

http://www.bradfordclinic.com/index.shtml (broken link)

Old 04-14-2008, 03:13 PM

13 posts, read 44,091 times
After trying 2 different ob/gyns in Charlotte, I finally was referred to Dr. Louise Rogers at Mintview and I loved her! She spent a lot of time with my about my questions and even took me into her office to make me more comfortable. Each time I see her, she is so friendly and I feel like she genuinley cares about my health. I highly recommend her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte