Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 02:51 PM

6 posts, read 9,563 times

Advertisements

How well is the Charlotte airport connected to the rest of the country & for the international flights from Frankfurt , London ...especially for a person who is into IT consulting / Weekly touring job.

Thanks for your time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 02:56 PM

372 posts, read 659,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg1234 View Post
How well is the Charlotte airport connected to the rest of the country & for the international flights from Frankfurt , London ...especially for a person who is into IT consulting / Weekly touring job.

Thanks for your time...
You can fly direct to London on USAir

You can also fly direct to Frankfurt on Lufthansa

The link below lists all the cities you can fly to non-stop out of Charlotte.

http://charmeck.org/CITY/CHARLOTTE/A...%20Served.aspx

Old 07-06-2013, 07:14 PM

6 posts, read 9,563 times
Thank You Glmore....

Old 07-06-2013, 08:45 PM

415 posts, read 1,150,883 times
Actually US Air has the direct flight to Frankfurt, while Lufthansa flies direct to Munich.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:12 PM

162 posts, read 217,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg1234 View Post

Thanks for your time...
Well connected to the rest of the country? Pretty bad. Its good if you have a VERY flexible schedule. Its good if you consider a connect through DCA/PHL to be reasonable.

FRA flight? They have one at 3pm and another at 8PM via US Airways. If you want to make a foolish mistake, there is CLT-MUC 1x daily @ 5PM via LH. [I wouldn't suggest it]

There is at least one daily flight to LHR. [Previously LGW]

Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 PM

905 posts, read 3,455,145 times
During the summer you can also fly to Madrid, Rome, and Dublin nonstop.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:22 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,165,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monksy View Post
... If you want to make a foolish mistake, there is CLT-MUC 1x daily @ 5PM via LH. [I wouldn't suggest it] ... [Previously LGW]
why do you say the CLT-MUC is a "foolish mistake"???

Old 07-08-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
why do you say the CLT-MUC is a "foolish mistake"???
I've been severely screwed over by leftouthansa. I've had more reliability and service from US Air [which they're not known for]

Other airlines I like: United, KLM, US, SouthWest, BA, AA, etc However, I will avoid flights that have connections on LH.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,165,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monksy View Post
I've been severely screwed over by leftouthansa. I've had more reliability and service from US Air [which they're not known for]

Other airlines I like: United, KLM, US, SouthWest, BA, AA, etc However, I will avoid flights that have connections on LH.
Don't know about your issues with them, but so far I had no problems with LH but I use them a couple of times every year to fly to Europe and so far no issues. If anything, I'm happy for the direct CLT-MUC connection...

Old 07-09-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
Don't know about your issues with them, but so far I had no problems with LH but I use them a couple of times every year to fly to Europe and so far no issues. If anything, I'm happy for the direct CLT-MUC connection...
CLT-MUC is a new route and its pretty good. Go on other routes and you may have troubles. I won't fly with them again. Its a very long story, but the end results in: tried contacting customer service, their response: "we don't care."

I haven't had nearly as bad of an experience with US Air and I'm not even in their FF program. I'm Gold on United. [which they hate (same alliance)]

If I was going to Munich I'd prefer CLT-FRA and then taken the train down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: