Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:07 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJ View Post
Three things to ban: days above 90 degrees, ozone, and right hand traffic lanes that suddenly turn into "Right Turn Only" lanes.
On that last one I agree. It says "right lane ends" but it should say "right lane must turn right."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 03:53 PM

628 posts, read 2,078,779 times
Please ban Dump trucks doing 80 MPH dropping rocks all over the highway with those stupid signs that say "Not Responsible For Cracked Windshields"....YOU ARE and quit driving like an A--hole!!!! (Just venting because one just cracked the windshield on my 3 week old car!)

Old 11-21-2007, 09:24 AM

222 posts, read 691,320 times
Please ban

Is Charlotte right for me forums
Looking for low taxes, high pay, no crime areas, excellent schools, forums. How many times can these questions be asked? lol (just kidding)

Also ban 3-4 minute lights why are the lights so long?

Old 12-21-2007, 01:04 PM

536 posts, read 1,693,888 times
Wink Waco

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Because NC, for now anyways, believes in the RIGHTS of PRIVATELY OWNED ESTABLISHMENTS! You had THE RIGHT to go to another restaurant. No one held a gun to your head to eat at Olive Garden. Since when do your rights impede on the rights of others? Cigarettes are a LEGAL commodity in the United States and until they are prohibited, your NANNY government should not and can not infringe on the rights of property owners!!
Ohh - Spoken like a guy who is building an underground fortress, and hording canned goods. Ha-ha, just kidding!

Old 12-21-2007, 01:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
I would ban Charlotte effort to repair the highway street lights.
Now raliegh gave the ok to repair them but out of only Charlotte taxpayers taxes.
Maybe repair the ones by on and off ramps but there is no need for the rest of the lights. People can use their headlights to see and signs already have their own lights.

It creates more light pollution and distracts from the beautiful skyline lit up at night.
It uses to much energy and that energy being used causes any more strain on our water supply.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
MODERATOR NOTE:

Due to focus of this thread was discussing the rights of smokers some posts in relation to the subject have been moved to this thread Smoking!! Please discuss the issue in that thread.
Thanks

Old 12-21-2007, 05:41 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,004,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
MODERATOR NOTE:

Due to focus of this thread was discussing the rights of smokers some posts in relation to the subject have been moved to this thread Smoking!! Please discuss the issue in that thread.
Thanks
Had to pull the plug on that one.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:21 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
Let's ban the use of people in commercials only for "their looks". I hate those late night party line commercials, car commercials with eye candy all over the cars, etc. Oh yeah, and dogs too! I like dogs, but c'mon, why does a car dealer need to have a dog in their commercials? Ugh! Wouldn't it be great if businesses could market their business and not gimmicks?

Old 12-21-2007, 06:35 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,004,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Let's ban the use of people in commercials only for "their looks". I hate those late night party line commercials, car commercials with eye candy all over the cars, etc. Oh yeah, and dogs too! I like dogs, but c'mon, why does a car dealer need to have a dog in their commercials? Ugh! Wouldn't it be great if businesses could market their business and not gimmicks?
A Ford dealer in Canton uses a bull named Otis in their ads.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:39 PM

153 posts, read 478,043 times
Realtors who get their kicks days before Christmas by taking clients to houses way beyond their price range so they can make ridiculous low-ball offers in an effort to "get a steal!" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

For TWO DAYS IN A ROW, while my poor little sick ON ANTIBIOTICS baby was crying because she was tired and needed to be home in her bed, this smirking realtor (looking at her card now) and ther two a-hole clients were in MY HOUSE which they cannot even come close to affording (no, it's not that expensive) plotting on how to get "a steal" on it???? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte