Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 PM

372 posts, read 659,859 times

Advertisements

Until I can actually get a burger/sandwich the way it looks in a commercial, they are paid enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 06:50 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,982,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glmore View Post
Until I can actually get a burger/sandwich the way it looks in a commercial, they are paid enough.
My dad would actually do that. Go to taco bell and say "I want it to look JUST LIKE tHE PICTURE". He'd get his tacos that way until the manager caught it.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:49 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,242,252 times
Compensation is ultimately tied to value creation. (read: value, not revenue)

Any job that pays an employee more per hour than the value they create per hour is a temporary situation. It simply can't last.

I believe it is possible for a crew of fast food workers to each create more than $15/hour during 2 or 3 hours of peak business per day, but there's no way they are creating anywhere near that much value the rest of the day. Hours would have to be cut during non-peak times, so fewer people would end up working fewer hours.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:34 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,286,017 times
Quote:
That's what your home kitchen is for....you can't be serious.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:41 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,286,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Compensation is ultimately tied to value creation. (read: value, not revenue)

Any job that pays an employee more per hour than the value they create per hour is a temporary situation. It simply can't last.

I believe it is possible for a crew of fast food workers to each create more than $15/hour during 2 or 3 hours of peak business per day, but there's no way they are creating anywhere near that much value the rest of the day. Hours would have to be cut during non-peak times, so fewer people would end up working fewer hours.
How do you know that the value creation isn't at or more than $15/hour now over the nominal average for the day? Whose to say that the value creation isn't at $30 or $40 per hour at peak and $20/hour off-peak? It's obviously significantly more than $9/hour.

I'm not saying $15/hour is the answer but you seem to have conjured up some theory based on junk analysis. The way accountants can cook (pun intended) and manipulate the books I wouldn't doubt that fast food workers value creation isn't at 3-4x minimum wage....aren't these places for profit businesses? oh, ok.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:33 AM

9 posts, read 9,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Bankers at bailed out banks and auto workers at bailed out automobile companies prove this idea wrong every day. It's not fair. Everyone should get a bailout so they can have a living wage. Foo.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:43 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,242,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davarius View Post
Bankers at bailed out banks and auto workers at bailed out automobile companies prove this idea wrong every day. It's not fair. Everyone should get a bailout so they can have a living wage. Foo.
It appears you don't understand the concept of value creation. Sadly, this is all too common and leads to some of the unsustainable proposals in this thread.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:47 AM

202 posts, read 347,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Nope not at all, teachers should be paid way more than they are being paid right now, you're correct. I would gladly pay more taxes if it meant better wages for school teachers.
Again, spot on. This discussion is more than minimum wage workers making $15/hour. Wages in this country have never kept up with the cost of living. What is the average col adjustment most people receive? Maybe 2 -4% a year IF they are lucky. Now think about housing cost, grocery, health care, education cost have those increased by 2-4%? I am an educated professional working for a fortune 100 company but I can honestly say I am making less in today's money than I was 3 years ago....heck 10 years ago and I've constantly been employed. That's why I support a minus wage increase because it would have a dominio affect on other jobs.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:49 AM

202 posts, read 347,689 times
Quote:
Again not the workers fault. Try complaining to the marketing division's executive for false advertising.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:55 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,638,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_CLT View Post
My dad would actually do that. Go to taco bell and say "I want it to look JUST LIKE tHE PICTURE". He'd get his tacos that way until the manager caught it.
If he ever goes to Irvine, CA tell him to go to the Taco Bell in their headquarters at 2222 Barranca Parkway. They actually do make the food to look like it does on the signs. Still tasted like garbage, of course.

Anyone notice protestors in Charlotte? The McDonald's here in Overstreet is operating normally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte