Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 07:35 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
That stuff doesn't matter to felt. He is just worried about Td's and records. He can't even be honest about his man crush. You better believe if he was out at the soup kitchen every week, and doing all kinds of public goodwill he would be on here touting that, but since that isn't the case, and he is a young man of questionable character, his character doesn't matter only what his does on the football field.

If Cam opened 5 soup kitchens but looked like Jimmy Clausen on Sundays he would be booed out of town.

Damn right all I care about is TD's, wins and losses.... I'm a huge football fan, I'll admit it. I started a thread about Cam so I think it's obvious that I'm a fan but thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Cam didn't sign your apron and he's "pompous and immature" I swear, I've never heard those words used to describe an athlete or entertainer.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:56 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
If Cam opened 5 soup kitchens but looked like Jimmy Clausen on Sundays he would be booed out of town.

Damn right all I care about is TD's, wins and losses.... I'm a huge football fan, I'll admit it. I started a thread about Cam so I think it's obvious that I'm a fan but thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Cam didn't sign your apron and he's "pompous and immature" I swear, I've never heard those words used to describe an athlete or entertainer.
Again read all my posts. We take care of everyone that comes in to our establishment. Never ask for autographs. Wouldn't take it if he offered it. Deal with people way more famous that Mr Newton. Its a simple observation. You learn to read people in this business. All I deal with is people. Most of them are far more wealthy, than your superhero ever will be. Point is if you act like an ass in public I know how your going to act in private. It tells a lot about a person. I'm simply making an observation, about the kid. He has issues. You don't like it, tough. Facts are facts. You want to make excuses fine. Your hanging your hopes and dreams on a very flawed person. He has a job that doesn't lend well to flawed individuals. I hope its immaturity cause people grow up. I'm simply stating it might not be, and if its not I won't end well. It never does.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 AM

Hopes and dreams? I don't want the guy to marry my daughter or be a part of my family. I don't care how wealthy Cam is and I don't care if he goes broke a year after he leaves the league. You are worried about Cam outside of football... what he wears, how he talks, how he conducts himself in public.

The only knocks on him are of the feminine variety... "he isn't nice, didn't smile at me, sounds mean, acts like a star" that's tabloid stuff.

Companies are investing millions in Cam but I guess they will learn in the long run when your prediction comes true. Maybe he has a dog fighting ring in Southpark that we will find out about one day but until that time comes let me be a fan of the QB of the Panthers.

You really need to ask yourself why you feel it's necessary to insult a person in a Charlotte forum for being a fan of the cities franchise QB.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
Hopes and dreams? I don't want the guy to marry my daughter or be a part of my family. I don't care how wealthy Cam is and I don't care if he goes broke a year after he leaves the league. You are worried about Cam outside of football... what he wears, how he talks, how he conducts himself in public.

The only knocks on him are of the feminine variety... "he isn't nice, didn't smile at me, sounds mean, acts like a star" that's tabloid stuff.

Companies are investing millions in Cam but I guess they will learn in the long run when your prediction comes true. Maybe he has a dog fighting ring in Southpark that we will find out about one day but until that time comes let me be a fan of the QB of the Panthers.

You really need to ask yourself why you feel it's necessary to insult a person in a Charlotte forum for being a fan of the cities franchise QB.
Don't worry Felt, the clowns on this forum are hilarious. A bunch of self-righteous baffoons who have demonstrated nothing but immaturity and continue to make generalizations about a person they DON'T know. They hope he "fails" on and off the field. They desparately want him to fit the "thug" category to prove a point and any sign of Cam success is cause for the go-to old reliable history of so-called charges...laptop, Cam Sr.-gate, etc...

Lol, they don't realize Cam doesn't have a problem but they do. Cam is a nice guy....it eats em up to even think it.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum View Post
Congrats on your 7-9 season Panther fans!
Hey stranger, Cam is still in the league and Carolina's starting QB. By the way, ready for that beat down tonight???? I really hope not...put a few bucks on the golden domers.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 AM

139 posts, read 142,044 times
I agree with the premise that Charlotte needs Cam on the football field.
End of story.

As far as his personal life goes, well, it is hopeful he realizes that he is a role model for the youngsters that idolize him. But he's not the only questionable idol out there.
His commercial for the NFL 60 is hilarious. That little boy isnt putting him on a pedestal exactly. Cam went along with it in good humor.

Yeah, the Panthers need him. Nothing better out there now and he has potential on the field. Remember he is still a young player.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Don't worry Felt, the clowns on this forum are hilarious. A bunch of self-righteous baffoons who have demonstrated nothing but immaturity and continue to make generalizations about a person they DON'T know. They hope he "fails" on and off the field. They desparately want him to fit the "thug" category to prove a point and any sign of Cam success is cause for the go-to old reliable history of so-called charges...laptop, Cam Sr.-gate, etc...

Lol, they don't realize Cam doesn't have a problem but they do. Cam is a nice guy....it eats em up to even think it.
b-b-but what about his demeanor on the sideline, pompous attitude at restaurants and problems in college?

it's a little odd hearing people try to make me feel guilty for liking the QB of the home team. LOL

Last edited by Feltdesigner; 01-07-2013 at 11:15 AM..

Old 01-07-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Hey stranger, Cam is still in the league and Carolina's starting QB. By the way, ready for that beat down tonight???? I really hope not...put a few bucks on the golden domers.
I hate ND with a passion but I loathe the SEC chant. I'm cheering for ND tonight... Hope it's a good game.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
b-b-but what about his demeanor on the sideline, pompous attitude at restaurants and problems in college?

it's a little odd hearing people try to make me feel guilty for liking the QB of the home team. LOL
And the nerve to claim Carolina Panther fan-hood. Lol, surely one knows all about a person after serving a few appetizers and a round of sweet tea. I can visualize the manager attempting to listen-in and observe every move Cam makes, looking for an ah-ha moment to affirm preceived concieved notion that Cam is a jerk. Yea, I knew it, Cam doesn't use ketchup on fries..that guys got to be an a$$hole.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I hate ND with a passion but I loathe the SEC chant. I'm cheering for ND tonight... Hope it's a good game.
I always wondered about the S-E-C, S-E-C....it's so incestous to claim victories for a conference and your team is a bottom feeder said conference. Though, the SEC is the best conference and they have earned the right to chant untile somebody knocks em off the thrown. Yes, I will begrudingly pull for the Gippers tonight...anything to offeset the SEC chant. I have a feeling though, just before the 4th quarters ends, it'll be raining SEC, SEC chants in Miami tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte