Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 12:28 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
You know although I think the Panthers are going to go to the playoffs and maybe deep with that D. I think Monday will be a set back. This is what always happens, team comes out of nowhere to make a mark. Then gets too confident and hits a bump in the road. As much as I hate the Patriots....this will be the bump.
The Pats are a decent team with an excellent coach so it wouldn't be a total shock to see them beat the Panthers. However, I think these Panthers are hungry to prove everyone wrong and will show up on Monday and play good ball.

It's pretty easy to pick the Pats and San Fran but I'm going to continue bucking the trend and predict a lopsided Carolina victory. The Pats are playing better with Gronk but it's fools gold IMO. Hardy and Johnson are going to feast on Brady all game.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:54 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The Pats are a decent team with an excellent coach so it wouldn't be a total shock to see them beat the Panthers. However, I think these Panthers are hungry to prove everyone wrong and will show up on Monday and play good ball.

It's pretty easy to pick the Pats and San Fran but I'm going to continue bucking the trend and predict a lopsided Carolina victory. The Pats are playing better with Gronk but it's fools gold IMO. Hardy and Johnson are going to feast on Brady all game.
I'm not sold unless Cam has a good game - gonna need at least 24 points to win in my opinion. Shula should always start Cam with a few short passes and some run option plays. What is the first play from scrimmage against San Fran? First read is 15+ yard read downfield, Cam held on a little to late for check down to DW and the O sputtered for a while. He needs to get Cam going early...it makes a difference. I think if Shula had used that approach against San Fran, the O could've probably scored 17+ points that game. Cam is still young in football years...if he gets early confidence with a good run game mix, they can score 20+ points against anybody.

Cam played pretty well in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th qtr against San Fran....get em going early folks.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 11-12-2013 at 03:43 PM..

Old 11-12-2013, 04:15 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,465,338 times
Is Vereen back this week for NE? I know it's suppose to be sometime soon, hopefully not till next week though. haha One less weapon is fine with me.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Is Vereen back this week for NE? I know it's suppose to be sometime soon, hopefully not till next week though. haha One less weapon is fine with me.
Shane Vereen Eligible to Be Activated, Return for Patriots Against Panthers This Week | New England Patriots | NESN.com

Old 11-13-2013, 05:35 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post

Belichick is the Macgyver of pro-sports. Give him a few guys with broken ankles and a 2nd string QB and he'll make it competitive. Good that Vereen is back but the Pats have a lot of weapons.

However Panther's D is looking REAL good, this should be a great game and glad it's on the national stage.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:23 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Belichick is the Macgyver of pro-sports. Give him a few guys with broken ankles and a 2nd string QB and he'll make it competitive. Good that Vereen is back but the Pats have a lot of weapons.

However Panther's D is looking REAL good, this should be a great game and glad it's on the national stage.
yep. Hope it lives up to the hype....

Old 11-13-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I'm not sold unless Cam has a good game - gonna need at least 24 points to win in my opinion. Shula should always start Cam with a few short passes and some run option plays. What is the first play from scrimmage against San Fran? First read is 15+ yard read downfield, Cam held on a little to late for check down to DW and the O sputtered for a while. He needs to get Cam going early...it makes a difference. I think if Shula had used that approach against San Fran, the O could've probably scored 17+ points that game. Cam is still young in football years...if he gets early confidence with a good run game mix, they can score 20+ points against anybody.

Cam played pretty well in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th qtr against San Fran....get em going early folks.
That's the beauty of this team.. Cam doesn't have to play perfect ball for 60 minutes for them to win. Cam had a few uglies last game but he was 6 of 8 on 3rd downs and threw a nice pass that forced SF to burn their timeouts.

This Panther team can score 20+ on anyone but the goal is to score more than the other team and they've done it for the last 5 weeks.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:24 PM

365 posts, read 499,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Long 5 weeks... Sorry I didn't tune into that easy schedule.

Last 4 opponents (prior to SF)
- Atlanta 2-7
- TB 0-8
- St Louis 4-6
- Minnesota 2-7

With the stud defense the Panthers have and with Rivera now using the strength of running the ball, the Panthers have won games they should win.

SF was won by the defense easily; a good win. And Cam played poorly (QBR 19.3).
QBR is a joke.
Cam had a shaky 1st quarter but played well when it mattered. 6-8 on 3rd down. One of the incompletions was a drop by Steve Smith.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:34 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
QBR is a joke.
Cam had a shaky 1st quarter but played well when it mattered. 6-8 on 3rd down. One of the incompletions was a drop by Steve Smith.

agreed QBR is somewhat of a hollow metric. Doesn't necessarily correlated to W-L. I am sure Romo had a big QBR when he lost 50-48 earlier this year...

Old 11-14-2013, 04:29 AM

Ncopus had to find something bad and QBR was all he had...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte