Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 09:28 AM

834 posts, read 1,017,081 times

Advertisements

Anyone else noticed most stores have clerks working the shelves and unloading trucks while lines build up? Are these franchises avoiding employee costs or are they just idiots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 09:41 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
You didn't mention what type of store this is, but I know in grocery stores that the shelf stockers don't usually run the register. Especially the ones that are union. The same probably holds true for most retail, just because you put things on a shelf doesn't mean you have a till.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
Anyone else noticed most stores have clerks working the shelves and unloading trucks while lines build up? Are these franchises avoiding employee costs or are they just idiots?
Tis the season of the Christmas change over.

I was in at least 8 different stores the last two days looking for 1/2 off Halloween and everyone one had fixtures out and shelves empty or about to be reassembled.
However I didnt run in to the lack of help fortunately.
All the stores are having fully loaded trucks with items they plan to sell for Christmas.

My partner manages a major department store said they are having a truck come in every day this week.
The associates are setting up for the big trucks loads

Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 AM

198 posts, read 291,075 times
Sunny,

since you were looking for 1/2 of haloween items.. can you suggest some places where i can get the same?

Thanks so much !

Old 11-04-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Tis the season of the Christmas change over.

I was in at least 8 different stores the last two days looking for 1/2 off Halloween and everyone one had fixtures out and shelves empty or about to be reassembled.
However I didnt run in to the lack of help fortunately.
All the stores are having fully loaded trucks with items they plan to sell for Christmas.

My partner manages a major department store said they are having a truck come in every day this week.
The associates are setting up for the big trucks loads
Sunny,

since you were looking for 1/2 of haloween items.. can you suggest some places where i can get the same?

Thanks so much !

Old 11-04-2013, 11:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
I guess it depends on store sizes around you and what the stores are doing with merchandise today as it seems to be in their way.
The store I bought most items are Walgreens and Lowes hardware and sweet tooth at Walmart.
The Walgreens by me had items in Halloween section had stuff that didnt have Halloween on it but rung up half off Decent amount of house decor left.
Lowes had cool outdoor Halloweenie stuff and gourds that I bought to put with Thanksgiving displays Im setting up.
Walmart, I bought a bunch of those popcorn balls and regret one brand, it was to sweet. They remind me of Krispy treats, least gave me ideas of creating my own.
Also black paper-styrofoam plates.

Far as OP, try to have patience or vent at the corporate level because store managers only budget enough enough staff base on projected budget.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-04-2013 at 11:36 AM..

Old 11-04-2013, 11:20 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
They aren't trained to run registers in most places unless it's a Michaels' or Aldi or Bed Bath and Beyond where everyone is usually cross trained.

If it bothers you that much, you can contact corporate and suggest they have better coverage on the front end.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I guess it depends on store sizes around you and what the stores are doing with merchandise today as it seems to be in there way.
The store I bought most items are Walgreens and Lowes hardware and sweet tooth at Walmart.
The Walgreens by me had items in Halloween section had stuff that didnt have halloween on it but rung up half off Decent amount of house decor left.
Lowes had cool outdoor Halloweenie stuff and gourds that I bought to put with Thanksgiving displays Im setting up.
Walmart, I bought a bunch of those popcorn balls and regret one brand, it was to sweet. They remind me of Krispy treats, least gave me ideas of creating my own.
Also black paper-styrofoam plates.

Far as OP, try to have patience or vent at the corporate level because store managers only budget enough enough staff base on projected budget.
Thank You Sunny :-)

Old 11-04-2013, 02:10 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Who bought all the $#@^ Indian Corn?????

Haven't seen any in about a month.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:20 PM

45,397 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Safeway and Giant here (both union shops) will have checkers stocking shelves during slow periods. They also have regular stockers. Another locally owned outfit, non-union, does the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte