Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 01:18 PM

6 posts, read 14,407 times

Advertisements

In the summer of 2007 I will be relocating from Chicago to Charlotte where I plan to open a retail shop in Spring 2008.

I am in my 40s, single and without children so at the present time I am not too worried about the school system.

Can anyone advise on the best communities to buy a home. Looking for a single family home in the high 100's low 200's range.

Also any advice you can give about living in Charlotte will be appreciated.

thanks.

Jackie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2006, 01:55 PM

3 posts, read 17,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahari
In the summer of 2007 I will be relocating from Chicago to Charlotte where I plan to open a retail shop in Spring 2008.

I am in my 40s, single and without children so at the present time I am not too worried about the school system.

Can anyone advise on the best communities to buy a home. Looking for a single family home in the high 100's low 200's range.

Also any advice you can give about living in Charlotte will be appreciated.

thanks.

Jackie
Jackie, Why are you moving to Charltte NC? is the area nice , have you been there. i am moving to NC looking for the right area to raise my family.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela41
Jackie, Why are you moving to Charltte NC? is the area nice , have you been there. i am moving to NC looking for the right area to raise my family.

Angela: I am moving because I am looking for a slowing pace then Chicago, milder weather, and lower home prices. I am also opening a retail business and will need lower overhead in Charlotte than in Chicago.

Why are you moving?

Jackie

Old 04-05-2006, 03:39 PM

32 posts, read 281,090 times
hi,
I am from Chicago and thinking of moving to Charlotte for the same reasons. Slower pace, milder weather and to open a business. Except, schools are important but not so much as I do a lot of one-on-one with my son. I am also single and know not a soul in Charlotte. I do worry about meeting people and being homesick.

Carolyn

Old 04-05-2006, 10:07 PM

Default Newcomers Club in Charlotte

Maybe Charlotte has a "newcomers club" that people new to the city can join to make friends. I am single too and a bit worried about being in a new city. However, I think through church and business organzations I will be able to make a few new friends. I am sure you will also and sooner than we know Charlotte will begin to feel like home to both of us.

J

Old 04-06-2006, 12:01 PM

5 posts, read 56,996 times
Jackie,
If you are looking for older homes, front porches, established trees, etc. try the Elizabeth neighborhood, Plaza Midwood, or Dilworth. They are all centrally located with good bars and restaurants - they are also some of the pretties neighborhoods the city has to offer.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:44 PM

Default Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria
Jackie,
If you are looking for older homes, front porches, established trees, etc. try the Elizabeth neighborhood, Plaza Midwood, or Dilworth. They are all centrally located with good bars and restaurants - they are also some of the pretties neighborhoods the city has to offer.

Thank you, Victoria. I will visit these neighborhoods when I visit Charlotte next.

J

Old 04-07-2006, 09:11 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,756,328 times
Jackie,
Victoria is right, the Dilworth area is absolutely beautiful. You did mention wanting to stay in the 100-200,000 range. Just so you know, houses there start in the 700's.
You only have to go 20 minutes south to find nice neighborhoods-much cheaper. Check out the Ballentyne area, too. Close to the city with a good mix of single family and townhomes.

Lucy

Old 04-07-2006, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymom
Jackie,
Victoria is right, the Dilworth area is absolutely beautiful. You did mention wanting to stay in the 100-200,000 range. Just so you know, houses there start in the 700's.
You only have to go 20 minutes south to find nice neighborhoods-much cheaper. Check out the Ballentyne area, too. Close to the city with a good mix of single family and townhomes.

Lucy
Thank you, Lucy, for the information. I will visit the Ballentyne area also.

Jackie

Old 01-01-2007, 02:26 PM

5 posts, read 17,056 times
Default Tega Cay comments, anyone?

My wife and I are also planning a 207 move to the Charlotte area and were impressed with the Tega Cay area when we visited. Prices and taxes seem reasonable and my wife's daily commute to the airport would not be bad. We also are thinking of the Waxhaw area. Any comments, negative or positive, about Tega Cay?
Also I'm looking for a familiy-convenient location for a small music shop and teaching studio but can't afford prime space. Any suggestions?
I appreciate the help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte