Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 08:55 AM

11 posts, read 18,439 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I may be attending UNCC beginning mid this summer. I'd prefer not to have roommates. Can anyone refer to me to reasonably priced one-person apartments? All the ones I've found so far are basically rooms for rent with 1 to 3 roommates. I'm hoping to find a place no more than $500/month with utilities included. I know that's a stretch, but if anyone knows about such a place, please let me know.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,205,533 times
When my kid went to school he made the mistake of living at University Walk apartments. This place has 4 rooms and a common area and each person has his own room and his own rental contract. You have no control on who the other 3 people might be and don't assume they will be students. This low class apartment complex will rent to anyone .Drug dealers and low life types just looking for the cheapest place they can find flock there. They also have many break ins during the day when the students may be gone and no one ever sees a thing. Dealing with the front office is a joke and when something breaks it takes a long time to be fixed and when you leave they go over your room very closely looking for any little thing to keep your deposit. This place is a scam and you should avoid it. They only reason they stay in business is because of the constant new group of out of town students who don't know about this dumps reputation until it is too late and they have signed the air tight contract.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:13 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
When my kid went to school he made the mistake of living at University Walk apartments. This place has 4 rooms and a common area and each person has his own room and his own rental contract. You have no control on who the other 3 people might be and don't assume they will be students. This low class apartment complex will rent to anyone .Drug dealers and low life types just looking for the cheapest place they can find flock there. They also have many break ins during the day when the students may be gone and no one ever sees a thing. Dealing with the front office is a joke and when something breaks it takes a long time to be fixed and when you leave they go over your room very closely looking for any little thing to keep your deposit. This place is a scam and you should avoid it. They only reason they stay in business is because of the constant new group of out of town students who don't know about this dumps reputation until it is too late and they have signed the air tight contract.
sounds like a college apt to me... lol.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:06 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,571,777 times
I second the warning about University Walk apartments. A friend's son had a nighmare of an experience there. Not sure you are going to find a 1 BR for $500 but absolutely stay away from University Walk. You might consider renting a room in someones home. Good luck.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:50 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,205,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I second the warning about University Walk apartments. A friend's son had a nighmare of an experience there. Not sure you are going to find a 1 BR for $500 but absolutely stay away from University Walk. You might consider renting a room in someones home. Good luck.
They cater to college kids thinking that it is a college kid place. You dont have to be a student to rent one of the rooms in the 4 room appartments. Hoodies and people far beyond college age are put right in the middle of the real college kids. I had to talk to an attorney about what they did to my son (threw him out before his lease was up) and it wasn't worth the court case to get my money back....I was happy to see him leave for a place where he was surrounded by piers and not undesirable types doing undesirable things.My son ended up having to give one of the undesirables a severe beating after he was attacked...University Walk manager didnt give a ratts arse about who started it . Very unprofessional office staff.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:34 AM

11 posts, read 18,439 times
Thanks for the feedback all.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:39 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy13 View Post
I'm hoping to find a (studio or one bedroom apartment) no more than $500/month with utilities included.
I know that's a stretch, but..
It's more than a stretch.
Even without the (no less than $100 worth) utilities included.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:12 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,496,334 times
You're not going to find one near the campus less than $500 other than those places like University Walk. Be prepared to pay around $700 minimum (before utilities) to get a one bedroom close to campus. That's about what I pay.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:57 PM

9 posts, read 14,474 times
Yep you are going to be paying at least 700 for a nice place that is not a roach motel, and that is not with utilities.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 3,747 times
check out LiveSomeWhere.com...has a full list of communities and ads from individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte