Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 11:26 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbyaweirdo View Post
OK great info! Ive already called and gotten the 411 on homeschooling in NC. Its not at all different from here in TN...so easy transition for us on that part. I guess once we get there, we can make our final decision though . Thanks for the info, LovesMountains!
Happy to have helped Let us know if you have other questions we can try to answer.

As an artist you will enjoy some of various art works all around the city for sure. Take your child uptown to see the sculptures at The Green. The Green - Uptown - Charlotte, NC | Yelp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 11:47 AM

32 posts, read 32,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28226 View Post
You do not need to follow guidelines if you don't plan to homeschool past kindergarten. Kindergarten is not required. However, your child will be assessed before entering the public school to determine what grade CMS thinks he/she is ready for.
School Entry Age — NC State Board of Education

Ok..so I read the info in the link. Correct me Im wrong but kids dont HAVE to attend Kindergarten? They can also be put in a gade thats assummed best for them? For example: my 5 yr old reads and writes on second grade level....will she be placed in 2nd grade when we get there ( Novemberish) That would be a scary transition for her Id think.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:02 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbyaweirdo View Post
Ok..so I read the info in the link. Correct me Im wrong but kids dont HAVE to attend Kindergarten? They can also be put in a gade thats assummed best for them? For example: my 5 yr old reads and writes on second grade level....will she be placed in 2nd grade when we get there ( Novemberish) That would be a scary transition for her Id think.
Kingergarten is not mandatory in NC. Compulsory education is from 7 to 16.

They will put her in her current grade level based on her birthday unless you ask them to test her to see if she should be in another grade. It's not just about ability though, it's also about maturity level.

Perhaps you can get more info from the schools website: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte