Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 01:41 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,489,202 times

Advertisements

Chris,

I don't know how much land you need or how much you are willing to spend, but I would search in Union County. Waxhaw DOES have land that doesn't flood, but if you want 22 acres you may want to look out in Mint Hill as others have stated.

In Waxhaw you could get a good sized 2-5 acres easily.

Do you need good schools? Do you have children?

These are all factors in helping.

Dawn

Old 03-20-2007, 07:18 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,907,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromcenFL View Post
I wouldnt worry about floods in NC unless you are real close to a river, or right on the coast in the event of storms, and with the exception of the coast storms in general arent really a concern. The last storm that did any damage to the Charlotte area was Hugo in '88 I believe.

Everything around Charlotte is getting built up. Acreage would be pricey south of charlotte, and even east unless you went REAL far out of town, and downright hard to find north of charlotte. Try looking in Gaston county to the west or even Lincoln county to the northwest, there are older homes on large wooded property not too far from small towns and just a drive to charlotte itself.
I agree, these would be good options (western Gaston Co. is VERY beautiful). I'd also look at Mt. Pleasant (Cabarrus Co.) and Clover, SC (York Co.). Very nice areas that are still pretty rual, but still in the Charlotte metro.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sippi View Post
HI, I Sent you a PM!

oh wait...thats savvychltsales line... my bad...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - okay, thanks for my laugh of the day

Old 03-20-2007, 09:07 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,376,134 times
Quote:
HI, I Sent you a PM!

OMG Im sorry but I had to laugh at this one..HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......It kind of annoying after a while....I guess they dont know that YOU CANT pm people to soliciate business....LOL...getting banned does suck.....

Old 03-20-2007, 10:06 PM

476 posts, read 1,575,853 times
Quote:
HI, I Sent you a PM!

Hehehehe..... I was so annoyed with that one today. Everytime I opened a thread that is what was there to read. Sheesh!

Old 03-20-2007, 10:29 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,376,134 times
Yep that is sooo true...Im telling ya the Jersey Boards gave me a heck of a time even if I just mentioned that I was a realtor. Mind you im not selling im Refering to my freind who Ive worked with for over 5 yrs...because I couldnt make any commitments to my clients knowing I was going to move..They need attention that i just cant give right now obviously ..Then I went to pm someone and omg I got in trouble.....

Old 03-21-2007, 12:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,509,934 times
Check into the city Lincolnton or Lincoln County It still has a small town feel and even has court house that looks built right in middle of main road it like a round about around the court house. Plenty of wide open country living at beginning of the foot hills so there shouldnt be any concern over flooding and low enough not to be any concern over winter mountain snow. It about 45 minute commute to downtown charlotte and probably can find houses with acres of a back and front yard at a good price. It about a hour from Mountains for those weekend trips to see the waterfalls or go skiing.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:45 AM

227 posts, read 292,976 times
hey OT,,, are you a real Kayaker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Check into the city Lincolnton or Lincoln County It still has a small town feel and even has court house that looks built right in middle of main road it like a round about around the court house. Plenty of wide open country living at beginning of the foot hills so there shouldnt be any concern over flooding and low enough not to be any concern over winter mountain snow. It about 45 minute commute to downtown charlotte and probably can find houses with acres of a back and front yard at a good price. It about a hour from Mountains for those weekend trips to see the waterfalls or go skiing.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:55 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,100,217 times
China Grove and Landis are two nice small towns between Kannapolis and Salisbury (Two Larger towns) in Rowan county. Definitely worth a look before you buy. Good Luck.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:58 PM

73 posts, read 308,956 times
HELLO,
Hickory is a nice place to live, a medium sized city. It has lot's of rural area's surrounding it.
CATHY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte