Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2008, 07:38 PM

8 posts, read 33,773 times

Advertisements

Need a sales report for the home sold in like past 3-6 months, those houses being more or less same as mine(Sq footage, features etc)
I think i need houses sold, not those that are for sale.

Union County
Waxhaw

Can any one point me to a resource website that can tell me where to find this? My real estate agent is no good, i dont want to ask him.

-Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 07:57 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,088 times
Well there isn't really one that will be accurate besides the info in our local MLS system.

You could try zillow or something similiar but don't hold your breath. Also, check out the Union County tax database and you can pull up each home individually.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:22 AM

44 posts, read 127,815 times
i have found some sites that have more information than the mls, and just as accurate for the simple fact is the mls only provide houses that sold through the mls.

there are a good deal of houses sold without listing it, ask me how i know. zillow is a pretty good site but the values can be tainted a little, just make sure you look at the comparables. Try Bank of America Home Values.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:30 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmike_mikej View Post
Need a sales report for the home sold in like past 3-6 months, those houses being more or less same as mine(Sq footage, features etc)
I think i need houses sold, not those that are for sale.

Union County
Waxhaw

Can any one point me to a resource website that can tell me where to find this? My real estate agent is no good, i dont want to ask him.

-Thank you
Cyberhomes.com is the best I've found (and easiest) to navigate looking for comparibles.....

good luck.

Disclaimer: I do not work for cyberhomes, just found it through another person on C/D.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:14 PM

44 posts, read 127,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmike_mikej View Post
My real estate agent is no good, i dont want to ask him.

-Thank you
I think if you are not happy with your agent you should find a way to sale your house that will work for you.

There are plenty of professionals here, so you can post away to get answers to questions you wouldn't think to ask.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:32 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,150,202 times
The only way to get a true estimate is to have a good realtor do it from the mls records. Neither Zillow nor eppraisal.com are anywhere near accurate. If your realtor won't or can't you need a new realtor.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:58 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
The only way to get a true estimate is to have a good realtor do it from the mls records. Neither Zillow nor eppraisal.com are anywhere near accurate. If your realtor won't or can't you need a new realtor.
The OP asked for "recent sold prices", not an appraisal.

cyberhomes.com is accurate showing sold prices. Like Charllottean said, the UC database will also have it.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:13 PM

252 posts, read 879,832 times
zillow and those other sites can be off by as much as 30-40%. They are very general. I tried to compare it to my CMA'S and they were not even close. Your agent has an obligation to provide you with a good cma.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:36 PM

429 posts, read 730,477 times
A Realtor and residential appraisers must use comps from sold properties to prepare CMA and appraisals. They also must use a set criteria. The properties of course, have to be comperable (or adjusted to be), sold, not currently for sale, and not foreclosed. The best properties have sold within the last 6 months. It's really not as easy as some people think to prepare a CMA. So many things have to be taken into consideration and often times adjustments have to be made. The hardest properties are ones that are unique, which are your custom homes and homes with land. It can take some Realtors and Appraisers several hours to come up with comps. for a property. There have been times that lenders have even requested a second appraisal because they didn't agree with the comps the first appraiser used. I would never advise anyone to use Zillow. It is far from accurate. The county tax records are the next best thing to the MLS system. As the other poster mentioned, it is your Realtors job to provide you with an accurate CMA of your property which includes pictures, addresses and the sold information on the properties they compared your property to. You should fully understand how they came to the evaluation of your home.
Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: