Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 09:52 AM

378 posts, read 418,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
It's what you make of it, like just about anywhere else.
Thanks!

Old 05-19-2021, 06:47 PM

108 posts, read 126,050 times
I've known some elite business people who moved from NC to Cal and hated it but had to stay a few years because of jobs. But the people are so different that it's hard to get used to totally different mind sets and can absolutely cause depression when you don't feel welcomed or judged for being southern or more less sophisticated than your coworkers. That's one or two takes on the psyche that joining a different community can do to you. I'm a nonconformist and have my own problems right here where I was raised so I can imagine the awful experience in a place like Cal.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:14 AM

2,411 posts, read 2,690,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitnmiss View Post
I've known some elite business people who moved from NC to Cal and hated it but had to stay a few years because of jobs. But the people are so different that it's hard to get used to totally different mind sets and can absolutely cause depression when you don't feel welcomed or judged for being southern or more less sophisticated than your coworkers. That's one or two takes on the psyche that joining a different community can do to you. I'm a nonconformist and have my own problems right here where I was raised so I can imagine the awful experience in a place like Cal.
I moved here from Southern California and am extremely happy. Now quite a few CA transplants. Obviously not as many as NY, but many of us are around living happy lives here. Sometimes unhappy people are the most vocal / loud.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:55 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
We also made the move from California and are very happy here. Sure there are trade offs and a few things I miss about California (mostly the weather and lack of bugs there) but it's not enough for me to even think about moving back. In fact every time I go for a visit I can't wait to get back to NC!

And talk about dirty....have you been to San Francisco? They even have a poop map because of all the human excrement in that city!!!

Old 05-20-2021, 08:24 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitnmiss View Post
You are responding to a 6 year old thread...

Old 06-15-2021, 09:13 AM

444 posts, read 581,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Well, don't let any of us stop you...
That was extremely rude, and you should be cancelled for making this comment. Seems to me your one of these trolls who lives on this site. How far back do you go? At least 8 years if I can remember. What the area needs is for people like you to not be stopped from leaving.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:16 AM

444 posts, read 581,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
Bye! Go back to California!
extremely rude. we do not tolerate this type of behavior on this board.

Old 06-15-2021, 10:07 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,423,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT'ah View Post
That was extremely rude, and you should be cancelled for making this comment. Seems to me your one of these trolls who lives on this site. How far back do you go? At least 8 years if I can remember. What the area needs is for people like you to not be stopped from leaving.
If etiquette was requirement to be on this board, many of the people on here would be banned.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:55 AM

231 posts, read 234,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT'ah View Post
Umm, you might want to actually read the TOS:

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website."

And really, whats the point of complaining about how long someone has been posting? I see you have been around since 2014...

Old 06-16-2021, 05:00 AM

231 posts, read 234,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
If etiquette was requirement to be on this board, many of the people on here would be banned.
Including, ironically enough, the poster complaining about rudeness, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte