Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 01:32 PM

111 posts, read 143,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Richardson has said the team will be sold at his death.
Thanks for clarifying that. I just read that article, and it reads that he did a mandate for the team to be sold if he was to die, but he mention in the mandate that the team will be sold to someone that will keep the team in Charlotte. I honesty believe the team will remain in Charlotte.

Last edited by tcm1913; 11-29-2015 at 01:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 01:50 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,380,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm1913 View Post
Thanks for clarifying that. I just read that article, and it reads that he did a mandate for the team to be sold if he was to die, but he mention in the mandate that the team will be sold to someone that will keep the team in Charlotte. I honesty believe the team will remain in Charlotte.
Sometimes reality intrudes on our beliefs.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:38 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,118 times
The Panthers are definitely bring good attention to Charlotte, and with the dynasty the Panthers are building a new stadium, national college championship and super bowl could be at hand. Go panthers I'm from Aiken, SC

Old 12-01-2015, 07:50 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
The Panthers are definitely bring good attention to Charlotte, and with the dynasty the Panthers are building a new stadium, national college championship and super bowl could be at hand. Go panthers I'm from Aiken, SC
I'm glad the Panthers are doing well, but please don't even talk about a new stadium since taxpayers just let go of a huge chunk of money for upgrades. If we don't get a Super Bowl it won't be the end of the world.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:54 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,380,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Dynasty? I'll take some of what you're smoking...

Old 12-01-2015, 02:09 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,321,202 times
[quote=spankys bbq;42124658]I'm glad the Panthers are doing well, but please don't even talk about a new stadium since taxpayers just let go of a huge chunk of money for upgrades. If we don't get a Super Bowl it won't be the end of the world.[/quote]

True, but hosting the Super Bowl is one of those milestones we need to get past to host bigger and better things one day.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:29 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times
Like what? Can't host a Final Four anymore. We're not really that attractive compared to other cities. And, why is there this great need to host events? Do these people want Charlotte to grow even faster? It's already hard keeping up as it is.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:33 AM

162 posts, read 240,178 times
Funny to see all these Panthers fans come out from the darkness like roaches. I didn't see many of them at the Giants game a few years ago, actually it was about 50% Giants fans at the stadium. Now everyone loves the Panthers. This area may have the worst fans in the NFL. Biggest frontrunners in the nation!

Old 12-02-2015, 06:22 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,495,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname13 View Post
Funny to see all these Panthers fans come out from the darkness like roaches. I didn't see many of them at the Giants game a few years ago, actually it was about 50% Giants fans at the stadium. Now everyone loves the Panthers. This area may have the worst fans in the NFL. Biggest frontrunners in the nation!
Winning always brings people out. That's just how sports go. It isn't unique to the Panthers. No one in any city shows up in droves to support a loser. You must be new to how sports work. Are you suggesting that people who weren't "fans" a few years ago shouldn't be allowed to follow them now? It doesn't really help your team by belittling those who weren't in the stands a few years. Winning like this is how teams grow and establish a long term fan base. Some of the fans we get now will likely keep following the team even after some down seasons later on down the line.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:43 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,342,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
Winning always brings people out. That's just how sports go. It isn't unique to the Panthers. No one in any city shows up in droves to support a loser. You must be new to how sports work. Are you suggesting that people who weren't "fans" a few years ago shouldn't be allowed to follow them now? It doesn't really help your team by belittling those who weren't in the stands a few years. Winning like this is how teams grow and establish a long term fan base. Some of the fans we get now will likely keep following the team even after some down seasons later on down the line.
Yup there are a few teams that have fans show up in droves to support a loser, but not many as for the most part all sports fans are frontrunners. And I don't really blame them particularly in terms of attending the games...why spend hundreds of dollars to go see a terrible product (like this year's Phillies for example)?

And as you mentioned having success also helps establish a long term fanbase. Probably about half of today's Cowboys fans across the country became fans because of Aikman/Smith/Irvin. And since the Panthers are still relatively young as far as NFL teams go, they were probably due to start increasing their fan base in general anyway since they have now been around long enough where many of today's young adults in Charlotte might have grown up rooting for them as kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte