Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:15 PM

249 posts, read 874,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lividsun View Post
What happens to the community in Berewick where they just started building the first homes?
Thats what I am wondering. It would be odd because they just purchased that land from kb within the last year. Progress in that area did seem kind of slow, I will drive by later because I am curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 07:55 PM

170 posts, read 643,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
Well in Huntersville they had Monteith Place. They were just starting the 2nd phase.... I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
I believe Monteith Park is Saussy, no?

Monteith is Saussy

No Beazer in the Lake Norman area, only in Charlotte...

Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,945 times
Cool Beazer

Anybody have ideas on what to do next? I live in a Beazer community...lot's of land left unbuilt...what about management...if Beazer has pulled out and they are still in control of the homeowner's assoc. what's next? Gosh and we just moved here...

Old 01-29-2008, 10:34 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Here is a link to a similar conversation we discussed back in September..you might unfortunatley have to take it in the shorts....I wish you the best.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/real-...-bankrupt.html

Old 01-29-2008, 11:14 PM

249 posts, read 874,751 times
Well, I drove through the beazer homes in berewick and the only people there where two workers that looked to be removing things from the model home. There were no sales reps or any other workers... the work trailer was deserted. And this was at 4:30 today.

Other than that there are 4 homes that look like they are complete, although they are on opposite sides of the neighborhood. There are no other homes being framed etc... Can you imagine if there were folks that put money into those four houses only to see this happen?

Old 01-30-2008, 06:12 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,950,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmls View Post
Monteith is Saussy

There is a Beazer community in Huntersville. Its minutes from the Huntersville aquatic center on 115.

Beazer Homes : Charlotte, North Carolina : Monteith Place- Cottage Collection

Old 01-30-2008, 06:23 AM

371 posts, read 1,101,613 times
Default Talked to Beazer office on Monday

I currently live in Monteith Place (Huntersville), a Beazer community. I spoke to a lady in their Charlotte office on Monday. Remember, this information should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

Beazer Charlotte "New Home" division is gone. Their customer care center and warranty service are still here. They have chosen "to focus their resources in other markets". So, obviously I asked her what this meant for our half built neighborhood.

She said that any amenities that were built or promised (in our case, a lake), would be finished/maintained as agreed. Any houses currently being built would be finished. All models homes were being sold. If someone wants to look at an available house, they can contact a realtor or the Beazer office directly.

My biggest concern is the empty lots right across the street from us. Phase 2 is already graded and utilties have been installed. Phase 3 is still being graded (workers were there this morning). I was told that they would sale of any existing land to a "comparable" builder.

The key here is 1. They find a buyer and, 2. They don't go bankrupt before that happens.

Monteith Place is supposed to have an HOA meeting sometime in the next month, so any fellow owners will probably want to make it a point to be there.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:31 AM

255 posts, read 885,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
Thats what I am wondering. It would be odd because they just purchased that land from kb within the last year. Progress in that area did seem kind of slow, I will drive by later because I am curious.
Yeah keep us posted. I am Curious as well.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:28 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmls View Post
Monteith is Saussy

There is one in Huntersville called Monteith Place.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:30 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgirl98 View Post
I currently live in Monteith Place (Huntersville), a Beazer community. I spoke to a lady in their Charlotte office on Monday. Remember, this information should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

Beazer Charlotte "New Home" division is gone. Their customer care center and warranty service are still here. They have chosen "to focus their resources in other markets". So, obviously I asked her what this meant for our half built neighborhood.

She said that any amenities that were built or promised (in our case, a lake), would be finished/maintained as agreed. Any houses currently being built would be finished. All models homes were being sold. If someone wants to look at an available house, they can contact a realtor or the Beazer office directly.

My biggest concern is the empty lots right across the street from us. Phase 2 is already graded and utilties have been installed. Phase 3 is still being graded (workers were there this morning). I was told that they would sale of any existing land to a "comparable" builder.

The key here is 1. They find a buyer and, 2. They don't go bankrupt before that happens.

Monteith Place is supposed to have an HOA meeting sometime in the next month, so any fellow owners will probably want to make it a point to be there.

Nice community, I've sold two homes in there. One of which is owned by a very good friend of ours. She has been happy but now this. Good for you for keeping up to date on everything. Savvy owner/neighbor that you are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte