Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:19 AM

509 posts, read 1,803,431 times

Advertisements

Davidson is lovely, lovely town. The presence of the college adds a lot, I think. And the commute to the airport is quite easy, with some backroads that can get you around traffic.

I haven't been to Waxhaw since 1998, so better not comment there since A LOT has changed!

GT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 07:05 PM

473 posts, read 1,578,979 times
Default I agree with Mark H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh View Post
You can chck out Villages of Rosedale in Huntersville also. It's a little below your price range but the houses are nice and run about 3000 sq feet average. The development borders Torrence creek elementary which my sons goes to and loves. Really convienent to everything also.

Good luck in your search..
I agree with Mark H... Love Rosedale! He's the best neighbor, too!!! And the commute would be quicker than Monteith because it's right off exit 23, the exit before all the traffic backs up heading north out of Charlotte.

Heard the commute is bad from the south into Charlotte but honestly don't know. Seems like the south has also experienced a lot of appreciation and the Huntersville area is still building. We're getting shopping in around the corner and more housing, I hope it adds to property values...

Old 01-30-2007, 05:03 AM

543 posts, read 1,825,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknaxx View Post
I agree with Mark H... Love Rosedale! He's the best neighbor, too!!!
Thanks nik, you're too kind. Part of why we love our new neighborhood too.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:44 AM

68 posts, read 185,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samohtal View Post
I've got basically the same dilemma in front of me now that I'm on the home stretch of my home search (only bump it out 10 miles each way).

I'm looking at the northern section of Waxhaw (near Waxhaw-Marvin Road) vs. the eastern outreaches of Davidson (near Shearer's Road).

Each seems to be similar 9-mile distance from the respective "cool" areas - Waxhaw near Ballantyne and Davidson near Birkdale. I'll admit a preference for Ballantyne over Birkdale for what I know so far.

Each has its issues with traffic (485 from 77 to Johnston Road in the south - 77 in the north). I'm commuting to the airport primarily, so Waxhaw would appear to be a little closer, although they're both pretty similar distances according to MapQuest. Hopefully once the northwest section of 485 is complete (supposed to be this year?) that would even the commute out even more.

Taxes in this case are actually cheaper in the area of Davidson that I'm looking since its just barely over the Iredell County line and not in the city of Davidson, while the area I'm looking at in Waxhaw is just barely in the city of Waxhaw - so despite the Union County taxes, the dual rate bumps it up to 0.97%.

The community I'm looking at in Davidson provides more land than the community in Wahaw ... to the tune of 0.8 acre or greater in Davidson to 0.3 acres in the Waxhaw community.

Why am I listing this? Not sure ... just thinking out loud and to let you know you have company in the confusion department. I'll also be happy to take any advice directed at your question and try to use it for my own benefit.

Davidson is a wonderful community, with the advantage of still having that small town charm in a location that is not to far from any type of shopping. Which community are you looking at? There are some wonderful new communities in and around that area close to the Iredell county line. I live around that area and I love it. There is still some farm land around (at least for now) and Davidson is so charming. Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in this area.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:57 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,836,150 times
Quote:
Thanks nik, you're too kind. Part of why we love our new neighborhood too.
Hey Mark,

I drove by your house Friday. I assume your the only one with a pool Looks good!

Old 01-30-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
Hey Mark,

I drove by your house Friday. I assume your the only one with a pool Looks good!
Besides looking like every other house I guess. Next time bang on the door

Mark

Old 01-30-2007, 08:09 AM

15 posts, read 78,498 times
Hello Mark & Nik

We will be moving into Rosedale community shortly. We have been watching this community grow for the past 3 years -- have been living in the apartment complex close by. We decided to buy a resale since the prices of new homes seem to be much higher than the resale.

We are working with CharlotteAgent -- He has been exceptional.

You both should be getting sales commissions from Centex -- the amount of information you have posted is great.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njreddy View Post
Hello Mark & Nik

We will be moving into Rosedale community shortly. We have been watching this community grow for the past 3 years -- have been living in the apartment complex close by. We decided to buy a resale since the prices of new homes seem to be much higher than the resale.

We are working with CharlotteAgent -- He has been exceptional.

You both should be getting sales commissions from Centex -- the amount of information you have posted is great.
I like the commission idea..

Congratulations on your new home! Make sure you tell us when you move in so we can have an official 'trash your new house party'

Old 01-30-2007, 05:28 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times
Quote:
I like the commission idea..

Congratulations on your new home! Make sure you tell us when you move in so we can have an official 'trash your new house party'
Um, will CA be treating us all to free refreshments and bowling? Perhaps a superbowl party?

Old 01-30-2007, 05:42 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,836,150 times
Sure BYOB and meet at the pool... not the neighborhood pool either

Thanks for the kind words njreddy!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte