Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2016, 03:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,733 times

Advertisements

i am looking for a studio or one BR apartment in Charlotte for $600 a month
don't want anything fancy, no fitness center, dog park or any of that stuff. Just looking for a simple place, any floor is OK, prefer central AC/heat but not necessary. I am a single, older female may be working 2nd or 3rd shift so I'd be coming and going around 10pm-12 midnight. I am new to the city so I don't know much about safe areas. My son lives in Davidson so I know a little about the county. Any help to find a rental agence or property management would be a big help. Thanks

Last edited by rlb51; 01-25-2016 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: forgot how much i want to pay for rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 04:08 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,383,394 times
What area of the city is your job located? How long of a commute do you want?

Old 01-25-2016, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,733 times
i will be doing home Health aide work for an agency so I could end up anywhere. Usually within 10 miles of where I live. I don't know the city at all.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:24 AM

102 posts, read 111,851 times
If you want 600 bucks a month, try up near the University area. There are a lot of student apartments, but you don't have to be a student to live there, I assume you're relatively young. The commute isn't too bad, and with the light rail coming soon it will only become easier. If that's a no-go, the further away of center city you get, the cheaper the housing is, but I would highly consider crunching some numbers and consider how much you could save by having a shorter commute and being within walking distance of work. Using your car less, or getting rid of it entirely may save you enough per year to allow you to afford a nicer apartment, and even if you don't necessarily want it, having some amenities is nice. As far as safety goes, use your common sense, visit the site first and look around. Unfortunately living in the city makes any area, sans a gated community or extremely wealthy area, a potential target for crime.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 750 times
I'm looking for a safe environment to live 1 or 2 bedroom apartment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte