Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 03:19 PM

620 posts, read 2,119,278 times

Advertisements

First off, keep in mind I am 21. Also, these pictures might be offensive to some people. These pictures are from Facebook - I know people who unfortunately know these people and I would just like to let everyone know that these people exist here and if you have high-school/college-aged children these are who they might encounter. (These people are seniors at Providence High School, believe it or not).

Flickr: Photos from nyxmike (http://www.flickr.com/photos/23652876@N08/ - broken link)

I cannot stand these people and for everyone on here who tries to trick people into thinking it isn't like that anymore or there are people like this everywhere, they are wrong. If you move here or already have, hopefully your children won't turn into one of these low-lives. I can't believe parents here let their children act like that. This is what makes me embarrassed to live here. Other than that (and I feel that this is a valid complaint), I can't really complain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 03:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
shame on them for getting their shoes dirty while 4 wheel riding

Old 02-07-2008, 03:28 PM

So having your children grow up to be rednecks and wave the confederate flag around is ok? Driving a retarded looking car that you need a ladder to get into to drive around in the mud is considered "cool"?

Old 02-07-2008, 03:33 PM

111 posts, read 165,543 times
You are letting a couple of ignorant arseholes affect how you feel about an entire region? $1000 they cant tell you more than 1 thing about the Confederacy. There are going to be stupid people no matter where you live.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:39 PM

628 posts, read 2,078,779 times
I don't get your complaint....what's the problem?? A lot of people do not take offense to a Confederate Flag. They are proud to be Southern...I don't see anything wrong with it. If you think it racist remember this is not the majority and the fact of the matter is that you have dopes living everywhere in this country. It's not like they are wearing white sheets burning crosses on someones lawn. I say live and let live...you shouldn't judge people who have different values and ways of life then you do.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:39 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,409,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
shame on them for getting their shoes dirty while 4 wheel riding
Seriously, you would think that their folks would've taught them better...

Old 02-07-2008, 03:47 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Seriously, you would think that their folks would've taught them better...
I always make sure my family takes care of their shoes b/f carrying the Battle Flag anywhere. I don't know what happened to these kids. And it sounds like they are from old Southern families. Hmmmmm.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:48 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
My fiance is southern and despises the confederate flag and everything it represents and it doesn't represent heritage. Get Over It You Lost Stickers : Vinyl Sticker

Old 02-07-2008, 03:56 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
My fiance is southern and despises the confederate flag and everything it represents and it doesn't represent heritage. Get Over It You Lost Stickers : Vinyl Sticker
Oh dear. How about we just don't go there, Groove.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:56 PM

Four-wheeling isn't really the issue because it can actually be fun. Not something I would do on a regular basis but I tried to be more open-minded so I tried it. However, these people literally play in the mud. It is the confederate flag thing that bothers me the most, and that they think being a redneck is "cool". Get an education and get a job and be useful to society. Some people say it is heritage, but come on. These kids were all born in the late 1980's. They are AMERICANS. They should be proud to be AMERICAN. The Civil War ended long before their time. Why am I even explaining this? Most of you wouldn't get what I am saying anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte