Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:09 PM

15 posts, read 40,951 times

Advertisements

I'm Planning To Move To Sw Charlotte from NY Very Soon With My Husband And 4 Year Old Son. Can Anyone Please Tell Me What Is The Safest Place To Live In Around This Area? Which Area Has The Highest Crime Rates In Your Opinion, And What Specifically Type Of Crimes Occur In These Areas? I'm Also Open To Hear Any Other Places Nearby The Sw Charlotte Area.thanks So Much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 09:27 PM

15 posts, read 40,951 times
Price range is anywhere between $175-$215. What part of charlotte do you live in?

Old 03-03-2008, 09:37 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
I live in Area 5. No real problems here worth mentioning.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:31 AM

255 posts, read 885,593 times
Berewick - Location. Location. Lifestyle.

Should fit that price range with KB.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:54 AM

672 posts, read 1,831,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
Berewick - Location. Location. Lifestyle.

Should fit that price range with KB.
Thumbs down to that side of Berewick. With a four year old son, (when will they start kindegarden?) as the school zoned for Berewick right now is BerryHill Elementary, far away and in a undiserable location. I would steer clear of SW Charlotte and maybe move to North or South Charlotte.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:55 AM

755 posts, read 2,493,579 times
The Crossings is a very nice family neighborhood located right behind Lake Wylie Elementary.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,703 times
I'm a Charlotte native but have moved to Union County. Better tax rate with all the wonderful South Charlotte amenities. We live in Wesley Springs Development which is only 59 houses with 1/2 acre lots & a pond. Newtown Elementary which is less than a year old is across the street from us. We love living in Wesley Chapel. So far it's not over commercialized & very safe. I've read that Stonegate which is 2 miles away has had some car break ins but that's it. Good luck. Oh yeah, most of this subdivision is from NY.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
The Crossings is a very nice family neighborhood located right behind Lake Wylie Elementary.
Lake Wylie is the better of the three elementary schools (and the least crowded) in the Steele Creek area, Winget Park is overcrowded, and Steele Creek Elem. has its own issue. So if you are looking for a neighborhood that has better schools, the crossings would be a neighborhood to look into.

Last edited by nkjaws; 03-04-2008 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-04-2008, 07:01 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joce-joce View Post
I'm Planning To Move To Sw Charlotte from NY Very Soon With My Husband And 4 Year Old Son. Can Anyone Please Tell Me What Is The Safest Place To Live In Around This Area? Which Area Has The Highest Crime Rates In Your Opinion, And What Specifically Type Of Crimes Occur In These Areas? I'm Also Open To Hear Any Other Places Nearby The Sw Charlotte Area.thanks So Much!
For what you say you are looking for..and if your open to South Carolina...I would look at Fort Mill, SC (part of Fort Mill adjoins to the NC stateline at SW Charlotte). You could be at your family members home in Waterlyn within 10 minutes (easily). A few of the developments I would suggest within your price range are: Knightsbridge, Whitley Mills, and Waterstone.

If for some reason you are set on staying in NC...than you might check out Coventry (28273), Falcon Ridge, or Hamilton Green, Hamilton Lakes.

Best of luck with your search!

Old 03-04-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
For what you say you are looking for..and if your open to South Carolina...I would look at Fort Mill, SC (part of Fort Mill adjoins to the NC stateline at SW Charlotte). You could be at your family members home in Waterlyn within 10 minutes (easily). A few of the developments I would suggest within your price range are: Knightsbridge, Whitley Mills, and Waterstone.

If for some reason you are set on staying in NC...than you might check out Coventry (28273), Falcon Ridge, or Hamilton Green, Hamilton Lakes.

Best of luck with your search!
Absolutely, If I could pick again we would have moved to Fort Mill. Low crime, great schools!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte