U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-07-2008, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Florida
17 posts, read 42,865 times
Reputation: 13
Question Does CMC or Presby pay RN's better?

I am looking to move to NC this summer and just had my phone interview w/CMC. I was very surprised to find out that they pay less than FL. I've searched many sites to compare salaries and they all say that Charlotte pays better than where I live in FL. I was wondering (and hoping) that CMC just pays RN's less than Presbyterian. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,108 posts, read 41,593,048 times
Reputation: 19009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily2159 View Post
I am looking to move to NC this summer and just had my phone interview w/CMC. I was very surprised to find out that they pay less than FL. I've searched many sites to compare salaries and they all say that Charlotte pays better than where I live in FL. I was wondering (and hoping) that CMC just pays RN's less than Presbyterian. Thanks.
I would advise you simply call HR for Presby and ask their RN salary ranges. Why wonder? Just call and ask. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2008, 09:38 PM
 
Location: Florida
17 posts, read 42,865 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I would advise you simply call HR for Presby and ask their RN salary ranges. Why wonder? Just call and ask. :-)
I will do that on Mon. I was just wondering if anyone knew so I didn't have to wait until then. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2008, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,108 posts, read 41,593,048 times
Reputation: 19009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily2159 View Post
I will do that on Mon. I was just wondering if anyone knew so I didn't have to wait until then. Thanks.
Lily, I think we had a thread on nurse salaries just this week and there were posts about salaries, wh/ may be why no one has answered you - I will see if I can find it and post you a link, ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,108 posts, read 41,593,048 times
Reputation: 19009
Here it is! I believe someone posted some links . . . this should help you some:

What is pay like in Charlotte for Registerd Nurses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2008, 07:13 AM
 
3 posts, read 22,340 times
Reputation: 11
pay at cmc is horrible they pay their nurses with years experiance(13) new grad pay 21 with very small shift diff. and they can get away with it cause they own almost all the hospitals in the area except presb and gastion mem. i went to presb and i'm making 32 with very good diff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2014, 06:28 PM
 
396 posts, read 260,891 times
Reputation: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGEL05240 View Post
pay at cmc is horrible they pay their nurses with years experiance(13) new grad pay 21 with very small shift diff. and they can get away with it cause they own almost all the hospitals in the area except presb and gastion mem. i went to presb and i'm making 32 with very good diff.
I work at CMC and I have never heard of a nurse with 13 years experience getting paid $21/hr. CMC is constantly adjusting their pay and giving the RNs raises to keep up with other area hospitals. Shift diff is $4 for eves/nights, $3 for weekends, $7 for weekend eve/nights. They also have a clinical ladder program - you can get a 15% raise for each step up if you have a BSN or are certified. As of 2013, Carolinas Healthcare System ranks as the 7th largest non-profit healthcare system in America and is teaching hospital for many disciplines including UNC-Chapel Hill's medical students. We have nurses come from Presby fed up and disgusted all the time. I'm sure that is not the majority certainly, but I most definitely don't agree with you on your viewpoint of CMC. Teach each his own ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2014, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,108 posts, read 41,593,048 times
Reputation: 19009
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawmom75 View Post
I work at CMC and I have never heard of a nurse with 13 years experience getting paid $21/hr. CMC is constantly adjusting their pay and giving the RNs raises to keep up with other area hospitals. Shift diff is $4 for eves/nights, $3 for weekends, $7 for weekend eve/nights. They also have a clinical ladder program - you can get a 15% raise for each step up if you have a BSN or are certified. As of 2013, Carolinas Healthcare System ranks as the 7th largest non-profit healthcare system in America and is teaching hospital for many disciplines including UNC-Chapel Hill's medical students. We have nurses come from Presby fed up and disgusted all the time. I'm sure that is not the majority certainly, but I most definitely don't agree with you on your viewpoint of CMC. Teach each his own ;-)
Well, seeing as how the post you are referring to is 6 years old . . . maybe the situation was different then, lol.

I have heard the pay is very competitive with both Presby and CMC. Maybe someone who works at Presby can give us an update as to how their pay CURRENTLY compares to what you have outlined, WAXHAWMOM75.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2014, 06:04 AM
 
396 posts, read 260,891 times
Reputation: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, seeing as how the post you are referring to is 6 years old . . . maybe the situation was different then, lol.

I have heard the pay is very competitive with both Presby and CMC. Maybe someone who works at Presby can give us an update as to how their pay CURRENTLY compares to what you have outlined, WAXHAWMOM75.
Oh, haha. How did that even pop up near the top! I would agree that much has changed since 2008
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2014, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,108 posts, read 41,593,048 times
Reputation: 19009
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawmom75 View Post
Oh, haha. How did that even pop up near the top! I would agree that much has changed since 2008
Yeah, I think someone posted on this old thread and it popped back up.

I wish someone would post some current comparisons. We frequently have folks asking about nursing careers here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top