Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 08:45 PM

177 posts, read 257,525 times

Advertisements

That's good,I wanted to get them but got nervous after reading that info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 05:44 AM

174 posts, read 732,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan1229 View Post
OK guys, I'm normally asking about neighborhoods, but I think we've finally found one. Charlotte seems to warm to us coming from the NE. I was also worried about our dark leather furniture taking a beating (wife loves windows treatments open all the time).

What's the consensus down there on window tinting or sun screens or neither one? I'd love to hear pros and cons, who you used, how much it costs. We're building a 3,750 square footer with about 50 windows.
I've had great luck with the "light" window tinting and 2 row cellular blinds on my home. This combination works really well to filter out the sun and keep cold out during winter and heat out during summer.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:44 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
Are you talking about tinting double-pane windows? When I lived in New Orleans, I had single-pane windows and tinted them - very necessary there for the heat. I thought all new homes had double-pane windows now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte