Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 02:07 PM

32 posts, read 210,004 times

Advertisements

Are you freaking kidding me? You’re joking right? Virginia is a horrible, backwards, and racist state. What culture are you? If you don’t mind me asking . NY tops most Southern states and the only reason I don’t move back is because we cannot afford it sadly. I honestly don’t appreciate your condescending feedback. I am asking serious questions about relocating. I’m not kidding around. Thanks for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDavisCSA View Post
First of all, Virginia is about 100X better than anywhere in NY so your cred is already shot. So my suggestion is to forget about the Carolinas and refer back to NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 02:12 PM

Default I wish!!

You’re speaking my language! Truly! California was our first choice! Unfortunately, it takes a lot of money to move to the west coast but our plans are to do that in a few years, once we have saved couple of thousand and better our credit scores. I love California, we can afford Northern Cali and I would love to live there, great weather, job opportunities, diversity, liberalism etc! Much better than Virginia- so are you saying that the Carolinas are similar to Southern Virginia?! If so, you’re correct, we should look further West. Thanks for your insight and advice , very much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Try California.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:15 PM

Thanks to everyone that took the time to respond with HELPFUL feedback and not nonsense. I really appreciate you all! Not easy making thEse types of decisions! It means a lot to me!
Thanks again!

Old 02-11-2018, 02:20 PM

298 posts, read 628,702 times
I would consider NC more moderate than conservative as a whole. I am from CA, living in Mooresville, NC. I do think that transplants bring more of a mix to an area. That being said Mooresville is a huge transplant area and a very large CA transplant area, especially the west side of Mooresville. That does not mean all of those CA transplants are liberal, including myself. Concord would be an OK commute from Mooresville, taking back roads, Charlotte is a challenge due to traffic, but many people do it.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:29 PM

Default Thank you!

Thanks so much! I’ll look into Moorrsville, NC! I really appreciate the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveorangecounty View Post
I would consider NC more moderate than conservative as a whole. I am from CA, living in Mooresville, NC. I do think that transplants bring more of a mix to an area. That being said Mooresville is a huge transplant area and a very large CA transplant area, especially the west side of Mooresville. That does not mean all of those CA transplants are liberal, including myself. Concord would be an OK commute from Mooresville, taking back roads, Charlotte is a challenge due to traffic, but many people do it.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:31 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,967,661 times
Don't paint the whole state of VA with the same brush. NoVa is a very diverse area.

I moved down to Concord from the NoVa area. We've enjoyed living here for the past 11 years. The area around Concord Mills in Concord is pretty diverse.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:32 PM

Thanks!!!! I appreciate your response

Old 02-11-2018, 02:37 PM

You’re right.....I probably shouldn’t talk about the whole state of VA as bad. I have heard good things about Northern, VA. I honestly wish my husband and I would’ve considered NOVA prefer moving to Southern,VA. Maybe it’s just this southern part that is bad for us. I’m not sure. Thanks anyway for your response!

I have more places to consider now. Another member told me Moorseville,NC was also good. I’ll look into Moorseville and Concord Mills, in addition to Charlotte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
Don't paint the whole state of VA with the same brush. NoVa is a very diverse area.

I moved down to Concord from the NoVa area. We've enjoyed living here for the past 11 years. The area around Concord Mills in Concord is pretty diverse.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:26 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,839,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateNFree View Post
I live in Chester, VA.
Chester? That's a little surprising. Hell, from the way you was describing it I thought you was in the dead zone somewhere near the Danville/Martinsville/South Boston region. Trust me, you haven't seen the worst of southside VA yet.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:39 PM

14 posts, read 20,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateNFree View Post
Are you freaking kidding me? You’re joking right? Virginia is a horrible, backwards, and racist state. What culture are you? If you don’t mind me asking . NY tops most Southern states and the only reason I don’t move back is because we cannot afford it sadly. I honestly don’t appreciate your condescending feedback. I am asking serious questions about relocating. I’m not kidding around. Thanks for nothing.
If you had to pick a spot in NC or SC and are willing to relocate to any city save yourself all the trouble and straight move to Charlotte, especially if your jobs permit it. You basically have everything in and around the city, it’s growing quite a bit plus it’s location is central within the Carolinas so you’re close enough to everything geographically. It’s liberal enough, I can’t (sadly) see a Republican becoming a mayor of Charlotte anytime soon.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte