Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 09:22 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to update people that Ihave moved to Charlotte area and now a local.. A wonderful real estate agent I met here on city data came to my rescue and found me a great place around Lake Norman area. I've completed my move and now finally getting settled after a rigorous 5 day journey. It should have been an 8 day journey, but i am crazy and didn't realize how long and rigorous the drive would be.

Anyhow, I am here and really like the area.. I'm really loving the beauty of the area, food , friendly people and ahhh, wow sunshine. I forgot what the sun looked like after 9 months of cloud cover. It was still cloudy and drizzly when Ieft Seattle.

I really didn't realize how important real estate agents can be and their access to the MLS listings when house hunting in Charlotte. The market out here is definitely different, but if you have the correct resources you can find decent places. I was lucky, as I am almost end3ed up renting an apartment in the city and would have not been so happy and would have had to store a lot of stuff. Now, I have a decent house in a decent area and happy.

I wanted to thank people here for their help and really enjoying all the great food and beer in this town..Ialso found an amazing coffeeshop right near my house that roasts some very high quality coffee that rivals the Olympia Coffee Roasters I had back in Seattle.

The people here are so lively, smile more, like to socialize and friendly. It's so funny how many people welcome me to North Carolina.. I love the friendliness.. It is mesmerizing.. I never felt all that welcomed in Boise or Seattle as a Portland transplant. People here seem to like to socialize.. I am shocked at how even on a monday night the bars, coffeeshops, restaurants are so packed. In Seattle, most places are dead during the weekdays, despite being a much larger city. People here are so alive.. I really enjoy the lively spirit of this city.

I have a lot of exploration to do and much more to learn about the area. Sadly, I will be stuck working 70+/hours a week with my software job, so won't get to have as much fun as I like. I am still new here and don't really know any people yet, but look forward to meeting some friends and getting to know the area better. I am already part of the Jewish community and will have a nice synagogue to attend once a week. I really love the Jewish community I joined here and it is one of friendliest and tight-knit I have ever encountered.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 07-09-2018 at 09:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 08:49 AM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,652,890 times
Welcome to Charlotte!

I am sure you will like it here, and we're glad to have you

Glad that everything worked out for you, and that you found a supportive Jewish community .

Old 07-10-2018, 09:09 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,342,073 times
Nice work. Welcome to the east "coast". I'm not a local but have been thinking of Charlotte as an option if I feel it's time to leave PA(Philthy metro, tho I'm closer to Reading).

You're gonna have to deal with a state income tax but I guess the money you'll be saving there vs Seattle--especially in rent-- will be worth it? PS Charlotte is larger than Seattle; size and pop. The metros I'll give ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte