Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 11:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJ View Post
Does anyone have a reaction to the alleged murder of a latino worker in the Pierpointe neighborhood of south Charlotte? I noticed that the worker had four children and am surprised that there has been no mention of the establishment of a fund to help support the children.
i knew the man personally as i trained with him at sani can and rode w/ him for 2 months when i first started there. he was a great guy, his wife cooked his lunch for him every morning and every day he'd share it with me or at least offer. we became friends during those 2 months, and every damn day i look for updates on that ******* who killed him. if u can help me with a real up-to-date update i would greatly appreciate it. when i started at sani-can i was originally supposed to replace demetrio......every day i think perhaps it should have been me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 11:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slade77 View Post
i knew the man personally as i trained with him at sani can and rode w/ him for 2 months when i first started there. he was a great guy, his wife cooked his lunch for him every morning and every day he'd share it with me or at least offer. we became friends during those 2 months, and every damn day i look for updates on that ******* who killed him. if u can help me with a real up-to-date update i would greatly appreciate it. when i started at sani-can i was originally supposed to replace demetrio......every day i think perhaps it should have been me.
also, the co. set up a small, employee-only deal for demetrio's family. they contributed nothing and only asked us employees to give. we never got any counseling, extra safety measures, or even a real explanation of anything that happened that day. i remember getting the call on the 2-way radio that morning, the office didn't even know who was shot! they were just calling us all to see who didn't answer. i had to come home and watch the news to find out.......and even then i only knew who it was because i saw demetrio's straw hat. if u have any questions otherwise or any info on the guy who killed my friend, PLEASE write me back......i will not hesitate to answer.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Barb, this exact type of situation is why police will not come out and recommend all homeowners buy guns for home protection. Like I said yesterday, some people should NEVER be allowed to buy one or have access to one. This would include children, the mentally ill, hot-headed bullies and those only intending to use them to scare someone. But I would still rather live in a country that gives me the right to bear arms, as opposed to other non-democratic countries.
i am not sure gun control would be effective for the list of people you mentioned or would have prevented this tragedy. i agree right to defend is sacred. i regret this man died. there needs to be justice.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:34 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slade77 View Post
also, the co. set up a small, employee-only deal for demetrio's family. they contributed nothing and only asked us employees to give. we never got any counseling, extra safety measures, or even a real explanation of anything that happened that day. i remember getting the call on the 2-way radio that morning, the office didn't even know who was shot! they were just calling us all to see who didn't answer. i had to come home and watch the news to find out.......and even then i only knew who it was because i saw demetrio's straw hat. if u have any questions otherwise or any info on the guy who killed my friend, PLEASE write me back......i will not hesitate to answer.
Hi, Slade. I am glad you posted asking for more info. I was thinking about this a few weeks ago but didn't find any info. I will see if I can find any updates and will post.

I am so shocked that your company did not offer both counseling to you and your fellow coworkers - as well as safety updates/course. Wow. I felt so upset just reading about it. Psychological studies clearly demonstrate that just hearing about something this bizarre can affect the emotional state of people who are reading about it . . . I cannot imagine the impact when you worked w/ the Demetrio and knew him as you did.

I think the employer is sorely remiss for not offering counseling. I am assuming you don't have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) set up thru/ your company that allows six or so sessions of counseling at no cost (or at very low cost).

Old 12-29-2008, 07:46 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
All I can find subsequent to initial stories about the shooting is Moss's arrest record, wh/ shows he was not allowed bond.

Arrest and Charges Summary Page

Old 03-16-2009, 07:25 PM

2 posts, read 1,885 times
You guys have no idea what the heck your talking about!!You don't have room to talk if you dont know what happened!!!youu need to give the guy some space. okay you guys clearly dont understandd.:0im angry because you guys here talking about need to stop because you never know what the latino guy said to that man.and LIL PPL who got the nerve to speak,STOP JUDGIN PEOPLE!!IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUTT.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:27 PM

2 posts, read 1,885 times
and the guy that shot the man.
you know he didnt mean too.
Maybe, the quy said something to him!!
Personally,
I think you should'nt talk

Old 03-16-2009, 09:01 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,003,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlelover345 View Post
and the guy that shot the man.
you know he didnt mean too.
Maybe, the quy said something to him!!
Personally,
I think you should'nt talk
So confused, the guy said something so that somehow justifies shooting someone? Even if he felt threaten, you call the police you don't shoot someone! Crazy reasoning going on there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte