Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:41 PM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,907,262 times

Advertisements

I'm from PA, moving soon to NC due to husband's job transfer. Liz2933 -- there are a lot of people from the Northeast who vacation & golf in Myrtle Beach. Some of the local airports even have direct flights. One thing I've observed in my travels, there are rednecks all over the USA. Doesn't matter where you live, they'll be there. Sounds like you were unhappy in other cities as well. Good luck on your quest for Utopia.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:04 PM

22,382 posts, read 29,497,078 times
No rednecks left in Miami. They all got pushed out by the Latins

Old 04-07-2008, 04:16 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,674,708 times
Happy Trails!!!!

Oh, and the job market is great here. It is saturated with highly qualified individuals so maybe you're not one of those? Maybe you should have landed a job first before coming here just like anyone should.

And you obviously don't know that Charlotte is still in an economic boom despite the rest of the country's woes. You also have no idea of downtown projections and where the city is going in the next fews years. We're moving faster, not slower!

And as far as MB goes, it's hardly the only beach to visit. I hate MB and it is full of mostly white tr**sh...but guess what, there are plenty of yanks down there and from elsewhere. You will be hard pressed to find anyone from Charlotte there. There are way better beaches than MB, so why even mention it?

I really don't know why I just wasted my time feeding you, but alas, I can't wait for you to go back to your lack luster state with a failing economy. I guess you haven't noticed the cranes pulling away from all the high condos in Miami. We'll be much better now with one less griper.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:39 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,756,886 times
Ahh, yeah, good luck with that great South Florida quality of life...Link= How's the economy in your hometown? - USATODAY.com

Old 04-07-2008, 05:35 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,911,584 times
Please take my ex-manager back down to South Florida with you! She's a disgrace to the nice people in Charlotte!

Old 04-07-2008, 05:40 PM

182 posts, read 554,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Ahh, yeah, good luck with that great South Florida quality of life...Link= How's the economy in your hometown? - USATODAY.com

Thanks, for the info. Because FL is AWEFUL!!!! I live here, and it is fallign apart. My company which HAD about 125 people in December, no has 45 people today. Sad right? I don't know what to do. I feel so stuck.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:45 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,741,166 times
The worst vacation I've ever taken was spent in Fort Lauderdale. Go figure! I hated everything but the water and the sand. To each his own I guess.

Everyone's problem is the fantasy like picture they've painted of Charlotte in their head. To be a bit cheesy, think of the movie An American Tail. They come to America for no cats and streets paved with cheese. (Or real human immigrants coming to America in search of gold paved streets- I prefer cartoons ) Those are completely unrealistic expectations. Just as plentiful jobs, great weather and a low cost of living is unrealistic here. Well, the weather part is pretty good, but the rest is pretty much a myth. I like it here, but some people are in for a rude awakening. I am not sure how these crazy rumors get around anyway...

Old 04-07-2008, 05:56 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,558,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
The worst vacation I've ever taken was spent in Fort Lauderdale. Go figure! I hated everything but the water and the sand. To each his own I guess.

Everyone's problem is the fantasy like picture they've painted of Charlotte in their head. To be a bit cheesy, think of the movie An American Tail. They come to America for no cats and streets paved with cheese. (Or real human immigrants coming to America in search of gold paved streets- I prefer cartoons ) Those are completely unrealistic expectations. Just as plentiful jobs, great weather and a low cost of living is unrealistic here. Well, the weather part is pretty good, but the rest is pretty much a myth. I like it here, but some people are in for a rude awakening. I am not sure how these crazy rumors get around anyway...
Magazines . . . news reports . . .that is how it gets started. Some editor at Forbes decides Charlotte is the best place to buy a home for a bargain . . . or some reporter at the Wall Street Journal decides to write about how the cost of living is supposedly lower here . . . or USA Today names Charlotte one of the best bargains of the South (whatever the heck that means). OH - and CNN - they like to report that we have one of the hot spots for finding jobs . . .

That is how it gets started. The city council, economics development people, chamber of commerce . . . they get positively giddy when they read this stuff. The problem is . . . the stories don't always match up w/ reality.

Oh yeah . . . ya'll remember the latest one . . . Charlotte is the only place in the nation where prices on homes are going up! All homes! Everybody's home is going up in price! Doesn't matter where you are located . . . doesn't matter how much you paid for your home . . .it's going UP- UP - UP!!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 06:05 PM

9 posts, read 24,217 times
One little email gets everyone so riled up.......love it......Thank you... I needed a little entertainment as it is very boring in Charlotte as we do not have fun things to do like the SOBE Food and Wine Festival, Sony Ericson Tennis Tournament, etc etc!

Oh and by the way if you could read you would notice I wrote that I DO have a job and work at home so I am fortunate to be able to have the time to read about the economic status of Charlotte. Just wait 'till the bank layoffs happen which are anticipated this year...wonder what that will do to Charlotte.

Ciao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Happy Trails!!!!

Oh, and the job market is great here. It is saturated with highly qualified individuals so maybe you're not one of those? Maybe you should have landed a job first before coming here just like anyone should.

And you obviously don't know that Charlotte is still in an economic boom despite the rest of the country's woes. You also have no idea of downtown projections and where the city is going in the next fews years. We're moving faster, not slower!

And as far as MB goes, it's hardly the only beach to visit. I hate MB and it is full of mostly white tr**sh...but guess what, there are plenty of yanks down there and from elsewhere. You will be hard pressed to find anyone from Charlotte there. There are way better beaches than MB, so why even mention it?

I really don't know why I just wasted my time feeding you, but alas, I can't wait for you to go back to your lack luster state with a failing economy. I guess you haven't noticed the cranes pulling away from all the high condos in Miami. We'll be much better now with one less griper.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:10 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,721,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz2933 View Post
One little email gets everyone so riled up.......love it......Thank you... I needed a little entertainment as it is very boring in Charlotte as we do not have fun things to do like the SOBE Food and Wine Festival, Sony Ericson Tennis Tournament, etc etc!

Oh and by the way if you could read you would notice I wrote that I DO have a job and work at home so I am fortunate to be able to have the time to read about the economic status of Charlotte. Just wait 'till the bank layoffs happen which are anticipated this year...wonder what that will do to Charlotte.

Ciao!
Just curious...is it at all possible to state your case w/o being condescending? Or were you trying to get a rise out of people on this forum? Can't imagine the purpose of being rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte