Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 03:16 PM

284 posts, read 606,272 times

Advertisements

Hi BJ - sent you a direct message. To the others reading, we signed a contract to build in LFP just last week -house should be ready around the end of October. If anyone wants details, feel free to message me as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 03:48 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Gator please do your homework on special needs here in Union County. My dd is special needs, and unfortuantely they cant give us what we need so she is in private school...Pm with any questions, there is another board for Moms and there is a special needs forum and you will hear all the difficulties they are having, because the schools are seeing such higher demand for special needs in the schools they just cant handle all of it...My dd is ADHD with the inattentivness, not the hyperactivity, and is a bit behind coming from NJ as it wasnt picked up there is was picked up in Union County schools....but we cant get the services she needs...I have heard FT Mill though has excellent programs for special Needs...Just call the county and speak to the director and make sure you have all your info....

good luck

Old 11-12-2010, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,105 times
Hello,
My husband & I are interested in buying or building a home in LFP. Any information on why there are so many empty lots? Is there a problem with the builder? Any recommendations or information we should know before buying, or possibly building? Thank you very much.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:53 PM

4 posts, read 5,302 times
Default bjinfor

BJ,

My wife and I were through in the last week as well. It is a great looking area with many large wooded lots still. The whole "preserve" part of it is really nice.

As with many neighborhoods in this price range that were started right before the downturn, this is common. However, something positive I found is that they still have sold 19 homes in LFP in 2010. That is pretty impressive for a $400k new neighborhood. May not be great if you plan to sell in the next 3-5 years (maybe more), but still good news. They did just a new phase on the far side of the pool area. I don't think any of the lots have sold, but we are highly contemplating being the first to make the plunge and grab the lot we want, instead of one of the 5 they have "leftover" on the previous phase.

This neighborhood feels much better than several others we looked at in this price point. Now we just need to work on the specifics with the builder. By the way, they do have a beautiful Bainbridge II spec home listed @ $400k. I would imagine that they would take less. From everything I have read, getting into this neighborhood under $400k is a steal.

I would like to see what you decide. When we were there earlier this week, they had just sold a lot (76, I think) earlier that day.

Kevin

Old 10-02-2011, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 834 times
Here it is several years later...and here we are looking at buying in
For those of you that were considering it...did you buy? Do you like it??
Are the neighbors friendly?
We live in Highland Creek right now..LOVE the neighbors- we have 9 year old twins...just worried that we might leave people we love and end up with no one...

Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 AM

284 posts, read 606,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintee View Post
Here it is several years later...and here we are looking at buying in
For those of you that were considering it...did you buy? Do you like it??
Are the neighbors friendly?
We live in Highland Creek right now..LOVE the neighbors- we have 9 year old twins...just worried that we might leave people we love and end up with no one...
Yes, I bought here and so did others in this post. I sent you a direct message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte