Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:01 PM

810 posts, read 2,291,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Me too! Ahhh age...the inevitable! I used to be able to put my head under a keg of Beefeater and open the tap, or take 2 Henessy doubles and still drive, but now I get heady with half a glass of merlot....sad sad sad...
Yes, I had set many new low moments myself that I am quite proud of......Great memories I cannot recall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 09:03 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post
Yes, I had set many new low moments myself that I am quite proud of......Great memories I cannot recall.
ROFLMAO! Love that one . . . I wonder what great moments I am no longer cognizant of, too . . .

Old 04-30-2008, 07:40 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,463,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
...And Carolina Blonde. I gotta find some of that, too.
I've seen it at pretty much all grocery stores in the area. It's a step or two above Budweiser...less water and a better taste.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:54 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Stella Artois (Belgian) followed by India Pale Ale. If I have to drink domestic, it is ice house purely for the high alcohol content. Otherwise, it is vodka and cranberry. Ummmm! Can't wait until Friday night

Old 04-30-2008, 01:25 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,063 times
The miller chill is pretty good for a afternoon drink. I can't drink to many off them though.

Bud light is always on tap here and I am anxioulsy waiting for the bud light lime to show its face in May.

Summer it not just a season but a taste!! Bud Light Lime: Age Gate

Man that makes me thirsty!

Corona is my beer of choice in the summer time when I want to "fancy" it up

Old 04-30-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
The miller chill is pretty good for a afternoon drink. I can't drink to many off them though.

Bud light is always on tap here and I am anxioulsy waiting for the bud light lime to show its face in May.

Summer it not just a season but a taste!! Bud Light Lime: Age Gate

Man that makes me thirsty!

Corona is my beer of choice in the summer time when I want to "fancy" it up
I just checked and hubby has three Coronas in fridge, along w/ a Heineken (mine) and one lone Miller Light, LOL. I will have to try the bud w/ the lime.

Now I want to try the Carolina Blonde, too. And I have made a list of the more exotic stuff cause my CHI son will be coming home and I want to impress him w/ something different.

He and DH like to pop a Fosters when they are working outside (and take a break to really savor the taste).

I think our latest case of Lawnmower Beer was probably Bud Light, but I will have to ask Hubby.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:41 PM

36 posts, read 105,219 times
Genesse cream ale.... (or genny screamers as we used to call them) What memories!!! As for cheap beer - Busch or Keystone (not sure if you get that here), and we are talking like $12 a case! Perfect for lawnmower beer - my hubby even has two cupholders on his mower for this purpose

Old 04-30-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darscry View Post
Genesse cream ale.... (or genny screamers as we used to call them) What memories!!! As for cheap beer - Busch or Keystone (not sure if you get that here), and we are talking like $12 a case! Perfect for lawnmower beer - my hubby even has two cupholders on his mower for this purpose
OMGosh - gotta ask - did he rig the cupholders up - or can you buy such a thing?

I don't think we have Keystone here - seems my uncles used that as lawnmower beer - in PA???? Or am I dreaming here . .. ????

Old 04-30-2008, 01:48 PM

36 posts, read 105,219 times
He has a tractor with them built right in, but I am sure you can get cupholders at walmart (I seem to remember buying them when my kids were younger - to put on the stroller..) and yes, keystone is made in PA - I grew up in NY though (which is why I remember those screamers so well!!!)

Old 04-30-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darscry View Post
He has a tractor with them built right in, but I am sure you can get cupholders at walmart (I seem to remember buying them when my kids were younger - to put on the stroller..) and yes, keystone is made in PA - I grew up in NY though (which is why I remember those screamers so well!!!)
Guess I am going to have to make a trip to Wally World and find those cupholder things. That would give hubby a giggle to think I went out and found him something to make the mowing a bit less painful!

Thanks, Darscry!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte