Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 09:06 AM

17 posts, read 60,205 times

Advertisements

I live in Atlanta but grew up in good ole Monroe, NC and most of the family is there too.

My Dad has a birthday next week and he loves golf. He has recovered from major surgery last year and also recovering from a stroke stemming from complications of that surgery from last year. He is doing fine, turning 59 next week and back to playing golf.

I want to buy him a round at a great place. Looks like Ballantyne is doing work and I will set him up there for Father's Day. So I need another idea for his birthday.

Where is the best place in the area. Even if they don't offer gift services online, I am sure I can call and pre-pay something. I just want to send him somewhere he will enjoy. I know he has played Monroe CC, Old Sycamore and Pageland probably enough.

Is it possible to get him into Rolling Hills without a membership. My Grandfather and/or Uncle may still be Rolling Hills members. He has always been an excellent golfer and has plenty of golf buddies he can take, where is the coolest place in the area, maybe some lunch or dinner too. I want to give him an above and beyond special golf treat. He already has 4 or 5 sets of clubs and accessories. Now that he is back to playing I really want him to enjoy as much as possible.

Golf guys please chime in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 04:39 PM

444 posts, read 1,650,422 times
Default Golf Course

I have been told many times that the course at Sun City Carolina Lakes is
a great course. I would recommend it simply from all the different people
talking about how great it was!( I don't play golf)

This is off 521S past Ballantyne and on the right side of the road.

Please let me know if you decide to take thim there as I would like to know his opinion.

Dunroven

Old 05-18-2008, 09:01 PM

17 posts, read 60,205 times
Default Is this it??

If so it looks like it is a Members Only Club...bummer.

Carolina Lakes Golf Club

Carolina Lakes Golf Club for Sun City Carolina Lakes or Belair residents.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:04 AM

84 posts, read 301,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donixa View Post
If so it looks like it is a Members Only Club...bummer.

Carolina Lakes Golf Club

Carolina Lakes Golf Club for Sun City Carolina Lakes or Belair residents.
No it is a public course........it is Carolina Lakes Golf Club at Sun City.

It is a must play course with very challenging greens that are usually in outstanding condition.

Rate is fairly reasonable at $65.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:08 AM

513 posts, read 2,113,485 times
Hope it's not too late to answer your question. My husband loves playing at Springfield in Fort Mill. Take 77S to Exit 88 (Gold Hill Rd). Go Left off the exit. Keep going straight several miles and Springfield will be on the left.
Springfield Golf Club, Fort Mill, South Carolina

Old 05-19-2008, 06:22 AM

777 posts, read 2,570,395 times
Why not splurge and do a night/round at Pinehurst course #2? For the golfing dad, that would be the ultimate present. Cost is about $400 bucks but is a once in a lifetime package.

Here is a great list (and reviews) of the public courses in Charlotte.

The B-Man's Guide to Golf in Charlotte, NC | Golf course reviews and detailed information, including discounts, conditions updates, scorecards, directions, and web site links

Old 05-19-2008, 06:59 AM

284 posts, read 606,704 times
Carolina Lakes is definitely public, but I believe you can buy "membership" packages, so it technically falls in the semi-private category. Anyway, the main point is that yes, you can get a tee time and play there. I've played there twice and it's a great course. I agree it's a good value at $65, I think they could charge more and still fill up their tee times.

Hope that helps - also agree with previous poster about Springfield. I play there quite a bit. I think it's one of the more challenging courses in the area, and very well-maintained. The greens are perfect right about now.

Have a good round!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte