Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2008, 05:55 PM

364 posts, read 1,167,611 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where a beginner can play golf near the Ballantyne Area- Cost?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 08:09 PM

219 posts, read 588,527 times
Ohhhh...I hope you get alot of replies on this...I'm moving to the area at the end of next week and leaving Orlando (golf course on every corner!) but I am dying to get out and try some courses up there!

I am not a beginning golfer, nor am I a scratch golfer, but if you are ever looking for somebody to play a round with let me know!

Old 05-08-2008, 08:13 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
I haven't played anywhere yet but I find more courses here then when I lived in Orlando (Dr. Phillips Area).

Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 PM

219 posts, read 588,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I haven't played anywhere yet but I find more courses here then when I lived in Orlando (Dr. Phillips Area).

Are you kidding?????? I lived in the Dr. Phillips area for two years (in Stoneybrook/Waterford Lakes now...until next week! Yeah!) and there are courses everywhere....Bayhill, Goldenbear, Orange Tree, Grand Cypress, LBV, Grand Pines, etc. (I could probably go on forever with this) and that isn't even touching all the Disney courses.

I certainly hope that there are more courses!!! That would be like a heaven to me...hell for the wife! hehe

I don't know if you were speaking from the difference on public vs. private courses

Old 05-08-2008, 09:29 PM

513 posts, read 2,111,008 times
Here's a decent list (public & private). My husband prefers Ballantyne Resort, Charlotte Golf Links, Springfield, Regent Park, Old Sycamore.
Charlotte, North Carolina Golf Courses

Old 05-09-2008, 05:54 AM

160 posts, read 401,533 times
there's far more courses in orlando than in charlotte. Like you said, one on every corner, and many of them are very well kept. I've lived in both places too. I struggle to find good public courses in charlotte. In orlando, you can get on a top level public course if you have the money. A lot of the better courses in charlotte are private.

NC does have a lot of top quality courses available for golf trips outside of charlotte. I've been to some very good courses in the sandhills, and then of course the beaches.

For the original poster - I believe charlotte golf links is right off of providence rd south of the 485, close to ballantyne. I'd say there's plenty of weekend hackers that play there. It's good for the beginning golfer.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:25 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
I would suggest Regent Park Golf Club. It is in Fort Mill, SC and a very nice course. It is located about 10-15 minutes from Ballantyne.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:28 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,022 times
I like Charlotte National in Indian Trail for a beginner course. Not expensive, not hard, not crowded.

geninfo for Charlotte National

Old 05-09-2008, 07:31 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
I would suggest Regent Park Golf Club. It is in Fort Mill, SC and a very nice course. It is located about 10-15 minutes from Ballantyne.
Regent does have the best practice facility around and the course is OK in my book (but I haven't been there since new management). I found some of the conditions pretty rough late in the summer a few years ago and was disappointed.

Regent (at least used to) have like $18 rounds after 4pm. If you play quick, you could get in 15-16 holes for cheap after work.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:17 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbest74 View Post
Are you kidding?????? I lived in the Dr. Phillips area for two years (in Stoneybrook/Waterford Lakes now...until next week! Yeah!) and there are courses everywhere....Bayhill, Goldenbear, Orange Tree, Grand Cypress, LBV, Grand Pines, etc. (I could probably go on forever with this) and that isn't even touching all the Disney courses.

I certainly hope that there are more courses!!! That would be like a heaven to me...hell for the wife! hehe

I don't know if you were speaking from the difference on public vs. private courses
I use to play out at Metrowest. I was talking about the general area.
Charlotte Golf Courses
Others in Area (more search of the same website; briefly looking):
Cramer Mountain Country Club (Private) - Gastonia
Green Meadows Golf Course (Public) - Mount Holly
Gastonia Municipal Golf Course (Public) - Gastonia
Linwood Springs (Public) - Gastonia
River Hills Country Club (Private) - Lake Wylie
Tega Cay Golf Club (Public - 27 holes) - Tega Cay, SC
Fort Mill Golf Club (Public) - Fort Mill, SC
Regent Park Golf Club (Public) - Fort Mill, SC
Springfield Golf Course (Public) - Fort Mill, SC
Firethorne Country Club (Private) - Marvin
The Divide Country Club (Public) - Matthews
Emerald Lake Golf Club (Public) - Matthews
Club at Longview (Private) - Waxhaw
Charlotte National Golf Club (Public) - Indian Trail
Rocky River Golf Club at Concord (Municipal)
Skybrook Golf Club (Public) - Huntersville
Northstone Country Club (Private) - Huntersville
River Run Country Club (Private) - Davidson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte