Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 12:29 PM

55 posts, read 96,172 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My wife are thinking of relocating to Lake Norman Area. I am 66 and she is 55 yrs old.
We presently live in Arizona. Love the winter but hate not seeing green and trees.
Spent half my life in Northern Calif and other half in South Alabama.

Which towns around Lake Norman are nice and most affordable for homes in $250k to $450k.

Any of the towns more liveable than the others.

Closer to the lake the better. Love looking at the water
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2021, 03:06 PM

570 posts, read 546,585 times
For over $300K you can be "near" the lake and have all the green and trees you want. I would recommend Cornelius. Cornelius has all the money and close to all amenities. Cornelius is also mostly walkable. Davidson has all of the snob without the money and walkability, and Mooresville has people with money and without money and lots of pick-ups and lots of traffic. All are great with descent schools.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,084 times
I live in Cornelius and love it! I am not on the lake but close enough to get the lake feel. You won’t get on the water for less than $1M unless you go into a condo and a water view can be almost as pricey. Sherrills Ford and Denver are the other lake communities and tend to have lower prices than the east side of the lake. I concur with everything else Arthur said! Traffic can be…a bit much around the lake too. Hoping you have a safe move whenever it happens!

Old 01-06-2022, 09:42 AM

TY for the replies. Have seen few houses online we like Conover area. Any input on this area ?

Old 01-09-2022, 07:42 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthehunt49 View Post
TY for the replies. Have seen few houses online we like Conover area. Any input on this area ?
Be sure you are aware lake Norman is a cancer cluster with radiation found in the drinking and ground water

Old 01-10-2022, 11:49 AM

570 posts, read 546,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Be sure you are aware lake Norman is a cancer cluster with radiation found in the drinking and ground water
You are the only one that is still saying that the "cluster" and the reason (which is unknown) is an issue. That isn't a problem any longer and according to my doctor friends, there were no more cases per capita than anywhere there are nationally. People are moving here on the lake every day. Those looking in the area should check with a professional medical person for up to date information and not listen to someone that hasn't a clue. For example, there was a small area where cases occured, but overall, nothing is abnormal. Yes, there were cases in the Huntersville area, but new cases aren't showing up lately, nor has a reason been established for the cases.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McAlister View Post
You are the only one that is still saying that the "cluster" and the reason (which is unknown) is an issue. That isn't a problem any longer and according to my doctor friends, there were no more cases per capita than anywhere there are nationally. People are moving here on the lake every day. Those looking in the area should check with a professional medical person for up to date information and not listen to someone that hasn't a clue. For example, there was a small area where cases occured, but overall, nothing is abnormal. Yes, there were cases in the Huntersville area, but new cases aren't showing up lately, nor has a reason been established for the cases.
Ty for your reply. Yes I found the same with my research. There were issues in 2018. But no known issues above since through testing.

I live in Arizona, we have lots of issues with our water. Don't think there perfect water in any metro area in our country.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:12 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hNZ...u3u7vNPYLaZSX0

Old 01-10-2022, 06:01 PM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
I usually stop reading an article when I see multiple uses of "actors", "gatekeepers", "elites", etc.

A certain author is mighty impressed with the sheer volume of high octane words and synonyms they can squeeze into a few paragraphs.

Old 01-17-2022, 10:35 AM

4 posts, read 6,084 times
Lake Norman used to be a very nice place, particularly if you came from "up North" and wanted to be near people from where you used to live. It is extremely overbuilt and crowded now...forget safe boating on the weekends, it is slammed packed with jet skis, bass boats, ski boats, etc... Getting to Charlotte on I-77 is a pay to play or wait in traffic ordeal.

Want water and peace and quiet? The coast...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte