Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 04:29 PM

64 posts, read 169,141 times

Advertisements

I want to appreciate all the great advice I've gotten over the past few months about moving to Huntersville (from Fort Lauderdale).

We have decided to rent first and then buy a house after we are settled. What I'm asking is -- what are the safe rental areas. I have a wife and a 2-year old daughter.

I noticed there is a house for rent in Crosswinds, which is across the street from Cedarfield. I assume that's a safe neighborhood?

What other areas are safe to rent an apartment nearby? Birkdale? I see Birkdale Apartment Homes and then like Apartments at Birdale Village.

What about Colonial Grand at Huntersville? They look nice too. Just looking to rent for 6 months before we buy a house. Budget is up to $1,400 a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 06:07 PM

51 posts, read 154,763 times
I just took a look at the Colonial Grand in Huntersville the other weekend. It is a brand new complex just opened last July. They have pool, fitness center, cyber cafe, basic cable included and washer and dryer included in the rent. The 2 BR, 2BA model I looked at were about $900/month. Seems like a great area.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:30 PM

286 posts, read 946,122 times
All of these areas are safe, you will love huntersville

Old 05-24-2008, 10:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Crosswinds is nice and actually most of Huntersville is safe and nice to rent.
I like the style of most of the homes the developer did for this community.
If I was renting I would probably look into Colonial Grand myself.
I been in one of the units and you will get nice kitchen cabinets , tile kitchen floor, and granite counter tops, washer dryer, and black top stoves.
They also have units with Garages as well and I am not sure if they have completed the Car Care Center but the convience to the Rosedale Shopping area and Torrence Center across the street make it very ideal in my eyes plus it only a hop skip and jump to interstate 77.

You will do ok about any where in Huntersville except I would be cautious at Deer Hill apartments and I am skeptical about Huntersville Apartments mainly because it right beside Deer Hill and there is a few places off Highway 115 on the right side of tracks but other than that it mostly just a bedroom community for Charlotte for young professionals.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,501 times
Default Rental websites

My husband and I are moving to Huntersville from California, what websites do you use to find rental homes? Do you use Craigslist? Do you use the local newspaper?
thanks!

Old 06-17-2008, 05:39 PM

285 posts, read 1,071,784 times
rentclicks.com and charlotte.com (charlotte newspaper classified) are both great rental sites.

Charlotte also has a public mls site and I believe it is carolinahome.com and there you can see the owner rental properties.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:28 PM

8 posts, read 18,636 times
Oddly enough, I was just browsing the boards and found this thread. We're trying to help our landlords find a new tenant for our own house in Crosswinds (had to check the date, we just put it up on Craigslist and that would have been freaky if this post was new ). My husband and I had the same thoughts: we moved from Ft. Lauderdale, and now that we're settled and the market's good, we're getting a place of our own.

Anyway, Crosswinds is a very nice neighborhood with lots of couples, young families and retirees. All our neighbors are friendly, and it's nice to see a neighborhood where kids actually ride their bikes outside and play in the common area across the street from us. Living in South Florida my whole life, it was just too hot to play outside for most of the year! I definitely like the neighborhood, and we're glad we chose this house when we moved. If you're still looking, go on Craigslist and check the posts for a 3/2.5 in Huntersville that takes pets.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 4,460 times
Zolar16,
We are also relocating from Florida and are very interested in the Crosswinds house I saw posted. I called and sent an email. My fiancee is already there working and looking for a place and I am here packing away!! Hope we can make this house work- love the front porch!

Old 06-25-2008, 05:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissanne11 View Post
Zolar16,
We are also relocating from Florida and are very interested in the Crosswinds house I saw posted. I called and sent an email. My fiancee is already there working and looking for a place and I am here packing away!! Hope we can make this house work- love the front porch!
I think it is a cute neighborhood with cute homes I like the design in the Z.L Metz homes.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:13 AM

124 posts, read 361,273 times
Default Colonial Grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by saneely View Post
I just took a look at the Colonial Grand in Huntersville. It is a brand new complex just opened last July. They have pool, fitness center, cyber cafe, basic cable included and washer and dryer included in the rent. The 2 BR, 2BA model I looked at were about $900/month. Seems like a great area.
Hi Saneely, I too was looking at Col. Grand in Huntersville and it really looks good to me, also the area. I can't get to CLT right now, does it really look as good as itis shown and do you have any added comments. Did you get to see the 3 BR townhouse, they didn't show much of that apt.. Also did you look at Birkdale or any other place in that area to make comparison. Would appreciate more of your opinion Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte