Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2008, 12:56 AM

3 posts, read 4,875 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a clean, SAFE hotel near CLT airport? I've been reading tons of reviews and a lot of the hotels near the airport sound downright scarry!! I'll be coming in very late at night, so safety is extremely important. Lots of reviews have mentioned roaches in the rooms, also, so a cheap, clean room in a safe area that's near the airport would be perfect-- is that too much to ask??! Hopefully not. I'm picky but on a tight budget. If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!!!

PS- This will be my first time in the south, so if there's any must-try restaurant recommendations for some good southern cooking please pass those along as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 06:04 AM

371 posts, read 1,101,768 times
What part of the area are you headed to after that night? Maybe we can point you in the right direction. The area around the airport is not the best late at night.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:14 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,441 times
I would recommend any of these hotels below. All are near the airport and are in safe locations. None are "cheap" but none are expensive.

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Rd

Doubletree Charlotte Airport

Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-Airport/Coliseum

Hyatt Place Charlotte - City Park

Homestead Studio Suites Charlotte Airport

Hyatt Summerfield Suites - Charlotte

Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte

Old 06-04-2008, 07:27 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn Airport on 5 occasions since last summer and my daughter stayed there once. We like it - clean, simple, basic, and friendly people. NO pool but TVs. what more do you want late at night? My flight out is at 7:45 a.m. and I leave the motel at 5:30 a.m. There is a Waffle House right next door. It's dead simple to find in the dark. I arrive at 10:50 p.m. If you keep on Billy Graham Pkwy it turns into -forgot-the-name but lots of fast food and regular restuarants. A few miles but fast. I can't say enough good about it. I always ask for a handicapped room so I stay on the ground floor. (Single old lady)

Old 06-05-2008, 10:38 PM

3 posts, read 4,875 times
Default Thank You!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgirl98 View Post
What part of the area are you headed to after that night? Maybe we can point you in the right direction. The area around the airport is not the best late at night.
I appreciate your help so much!!! I have all day Wednesday to see the sights, I'm a history buff so I was hoping to catch a good civil war type museum or something, if you have any recommendations I'd sure appreciate them! Weds night I head to Salisbury. I've never been to NC but I understand it's about an hour away?? So anywhere near-enough the airport to find in an unfamiliar city late at night while tired from a long trip that's safe and clean would be fantastic. And of course that won't break the bank (which in my case is sadly not that much!! ) The reviews of the hotels on Expedia and a few other sites are just terrifying! Roaches, dirty carpets, wierd mysterious smells, showers you want to keep your shoes on in, but most importantly- being in scarry locations that feel unsafe, sirens going past all night, that kind of thing. I need some pointers from some locals!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:56 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asyouwish View Post
I appreciate your help so much!!! I have all day Wednesday to see the sights, I'm a history buff so I was hoping to catch a good civil war type museum or something, if you have any recommendations I'd sure appreciate them! Weds night I head to Salisbury. I've never been to NC but I understand it's about an hour away?? So anywhere near-enough the airport to find in an unfamiliar city late at night while tired from a long trip that's safe and clean would be fantastic. And of course that won't break the bank (which in my case is sadly not that much!! ) The reviews of the hotels on Expedia and a few other sites are just terrifying! Roaches, dirty carpets, wierd mysterious smells, showers you want to keep your shoes on in, but most importantly- being in scarry locations that feel unsafe, sirens going past all night, that kind of thing. I need some pointers from some locals!
Plan to go see the Levine Museum of the New South - plenty of interesting history there. It is uptown and you get 90 minutes of free parking next door at the 7th Street Station. Have a great trip!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:43 PM

4 posts, read 9,416 times
Embassy Suites- May be on the expensive side but very, very nice hotels. Some good cooking.Hmmm. BBQ King, The Penguin, Cajun Queen. Those are only a few.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:45 PM

4 posts, read 9,416 times
If you are a history buff, I would plan a trip to Charleston, SC. It is really fun and nice to take a trip to....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte