Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2008, 01:07 PM

236 posts, read 806,730 times

Advertisements

Please list....
(they say asking for specific realtors is against the rules, right)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 01:11 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,669,047 times
How many homes have your team sold in the last 3 months? Your firm?

What is marketing strategy?

How many homes are selling off of open houses?

Those are just a few, and I'm sure others will chime in. Most of these questions you will have will be given to you in their presentation if they know what they're doing.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:02 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,034 times
Great suggestions above -- focus on marketing strategy and internet strategy of the agent and the company you choose. But also be sure to ask them how they came up with the price range for your home -- make sure it is based on DATA, including pending as well as sold comps. Often an agent will walk in and tell you a higher price than a more realistic one in order to get the listing, and then you are faced with price reductions later on.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:10 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
See post #52 of your FIRST thread. A lot of work went into that post. Use as a guide for any interviewing. He, he, maybe that should be your first interview.If that was me it would take a day to type!
je

Old 07-09-2008, 02:10 PM

569 posts, read 1,410,252 times
1) How long have you been in real estate?
2) Where is your primary focus area in the greater Charlotte area?
3) Will you offer a 90 day contract?
3) Can you offer me a market analysis of my area?
4) How long is the average listing in my area?
5) What is my bottom line? In other words (after fees) how much profit do you expect I will make once the house is sold?

These are just a few I would start with. I'm sure you will want to talk about commision rates (as that is usually the first thing people bring up). I'm sure your realtor would work with you on those. Something to keep in mind..... A good real estate buddy of mine once told me a story of a customer that wanted to haggle about commision rates. My buddy said to his potential client "Sir, how do you expect me to protect the integrity of your house selling if I can not even protect the integrity of my own commision?" Good luck in your quest!

Old 07-09-2008, 04:08 PM

673 posts, read 2,681,270 times
I would also ask if the commission will be less if you end up finding a buyer yourself. That is what happened to me when I sold my house in FL and moved here. I had good realtors, but I ended up selling it myself, believe it or not. I placed ads on Craig's List and through the e-mail database of my employer. I ended up selling it to someone who saw my ad on the employer database, and this person did not want to deal with a realtor. They only wanted to talk to me, so I did all the legwork with negotiating and had my realtor review everything. I then asked if we could negotiate a lower commission, since I found the buyer. They agreed and I ended up paying only a 1.5% commission. It's a long shot to do the same thing in this market, but you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: