Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 05:34 PM

797 posts, read 3,294,619 times

Advertisements

Well nothing is selling in that area as it is. Our whole neighborhood has houses that have been on the market since last year and selling dirt cheap at that. We don't need more being built there. It would be a diff. story if everything was selling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 05:37 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
Well nothing is selling in that area as it is. Our whole neighborhood has houses that have been on the market since last year and selling dirt cheap at that. We don't need more being built there. It would be a diff. story if everything was selling.
The thing is - it WILL sell - things are just slow now because of what is happening in the market in general. But that area is going to be desirable for a long time to come. Ten years from now anyone owning property there will be patting themselves on the back for having the foresight to have bought when they did back in 2007, 2008 or 2009

Old 07-10-2008, 05:39 PM

There was an article today that said June was the second consecutive month in which the number of houses sold was the lowest for the comparable month since 2003 as the nation's housing slowdown continues.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
There was an article today that said June was the second consecutive month in which the number of houses sold was the lowest for the comparable month since 2003 as the nation's housing slowdown continues.
Well, we are not immune to the trickle down effects of the national housing crisis, but in time the market will correct itself. You live in a good area, I would not be concerned.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:53 PM

I know, but we wanted to move and it's frustrating that things aren't selling in this area and they just keep opening neighborhood after neighborhood all around us and none are selling. You would think they would cool if for awhile.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I know, but we wanted to move and it's frustrating that things aren't selling in this area and they just keep opening neighborhood after neighborhood all around us and none are selling. You would think they would cool if for awhile.
Ah...so you want to move, now I see the problem - sorry about that. The fact that things aren't totally cooling down is a good sign though, don't you think?

Old 07-10-2008, 06:47 PM

64 posts, read 159,026 times
Quote:
You should post a few more times saying the exact same thing.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
And don't I remember you saying you just moved to this area a year or so ago? Are you needing to sell to leave Charlotte for a job? If so, I'd say get an agressive realtor to help you - but if you don't HAVE to sell it's better not to when you've lived in something such a short amount of time!

Old 07-10-2008, 07:13 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
I can tell you alot of people who were looking in ballantyne area and your area, are looking now in union...I know 3 homes in my development just went under contract at over the weekend, as they are now under contract...Our area is selling not as quickly but I must say people are buying here and further into union, and just wait until the Market across the company gets better you will see the upswing, again people need to realize charlotte never had a bubble or home prices that were inflated...so yes it stinks that the market is like this but it will recover it always does...

Old 07-14-2008, 02:07 PM

I just saw the sign go up today as I drove by. It's houses starting from the $800's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte