Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 05:48 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,553,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I'm still building my deck.
Barking . . . you need to get Hoagie over to help you with the deck. He is down b/c CLT is doomed (according to another thread).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 05:55 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,869,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Barking . . . you need to get Hoagie over to help you with the deck. He is down b/c CLT is doomed (according to another thread).
I'll be too drunk! But, I know where he can hire some illegals!

Old 07-11-2008, 05:55 PM

ARG!!! So glad to know you and your mom are having a great time. I wish you would head over for brunch tomorrow!!! Would love to see you both!!!!

Sounds like you and your mom have made the rounds . . . and glad to know you were able to shield her from all the things in the Charlotte Metro wh/ would suggest our early demise. Do carry an umbrella in case the sky does, indeed, start falling.

So happy that you are taking care of the water situation for us . . . as we have all been concerned about our failing economy and its tie to water (I thought it was something national - like the economy, weak dollar, oil cost/barrel, etc) but having been lately enlightened . . . I am indeed pleased to note your patriotic attempt to save us all - and from down in RH, at that!!!!

Ya'll head up my way for brunch - we will be serving at 11 am. Menu: assorted fruits, quiche, coffee and Mimosas. If we sit outside, no need to worry - I have an umbrella - JUST IN CASE.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
I'll be too drunk! But, I know where he can hire some illegals!
But . . . will they want free healthcare?

Old 07-11-2008, 06:01 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,869,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
But . . . will they want free healthcare?
Of course. And, BoA will grant them all loans so they can purchase all the foreclosed houses in town.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:06 PM

392 posts, read 1,184,596 times
Ani, forgot to add... you have already been to Courtney with a couple of your CD partners-in-crime. LTC took us there when she kidnapped us that day (just kidding, LTC! ). Remember? We left all the plants in the truck and went in for some chopped pork BBQ sandwiches, shortly after that, LTC set us free.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Of course. And, BoA will grant them all loans so they can purchase all the foreclosed houses in town.
That gives me an idea. New revenue stream possibilities. Van tours for foreclosed houses. We accept those freshly minted BofA credit cards as payment . . . $50/head.

I like it!!!!

Your mission is to write up the business plan this weekend, Hoagie.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRoadGirl View Post
Ani, forgot to add... you have already been to Courtney with a couple of your CD partners-in-crime. LTC took us there when she kidnapped us that day (just kidding, LTC! ). Remember? We left all the plants in the truck and went in for some chopped pork BBQ sandwiches, shortly after that, LTC set us free.
OMGOSH!!!! Well, then, that is def some place to take Hubby!!!!! That was delicious BBQ!!!! I truly enjoyed it . . .

Can you say Dead Brain? Hee Hee.

Maybe I should come kidnap you and your mom, cause I am serious - would love to see you all. And you know . . . this may be our only chance since the Apocalypse is just round the bend.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:43 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,218,920 times
My ears were burning...someone talkin bout' me and my kidnapping skills??

Yep ARG is right Ani...you've been to Courtney's (which happens to be my favorite Q place). If you head out that way...please feel free to stop by the house on your way out!

Hey there ARG...I know you were already out this way...but if you're are out and about with your Mom on Saturday...feel free to stop by...other than a quick trip to Wal-Mart ()...we'll be home (which sounds pretty sad compared to some of these other posters on here).

Oh..and Congrats to ya Carolina_guy!

http://www.courtneysbbq.com/

Old 07-11-2008, 08:39 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,323,751 times
Weekend plans?
Riding my Vespa to the mall at 8am Saturday and getting in line for two iPhone 3Gs of course. I upgraded our phones to the 2.0 SW today and it is very good, but we sold these phones and will be shipping to Belgium on Monday (for more than the price of the new ones).

Geeky, yes, but what do you expect from a former Apple engineer married to a school teacher.

FWIW I was on WBT tonight with John Wilson (filling in for John Hancock) who is a huge Apple fan, FOX News man on the scene, and founding member of the Charlotte Scooter Cult (club). I was asked to call in and discuss the new iPhones.

Otherwise the weather looks nice so the cars will get washed and waxed tomorrow afternoon, then we might head to the Mountains for a night.

Last edited by mullman; 07-11-2008 at 08:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte