Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 08:07 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,592,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Weekend plans?
Riding my Vespa to the mall at 8am Saturday and getting in line for two iPhone 3Gs of course. I upgraded our phones to the 2.0 SW today and it is very good, but we sold these phones and will be shipping to Belgium on Monday (for more than the price of the new ones).

Geeky, yes, but what do you expect from a former Apple engineer married to a school teacher.

FWIW I was on WBT tonight with John Wilson (filling in for John Hancock) who is a huge Apple fan, FOX News man on the scene, and founding member of the Charlotte Scooter Cult (club). I was asked to call in and discuss the new iPhones.

Otherwise the weather looks nice so the cars will get washed and waxed tomorrow afternoon, then we might head to the Mountains for a night.
Mullman - I wish I had known you were on WBT - would have loved to heard your comments! As you know - I, too, am a huge Apple fan . . . but I am not going out to get my new iPhone today. Am having problems w/ billing w/ AT&T right now, so once I straighten that out . . . I hope I won't have to wait too long for my iPhone. DS starts Nuke Med this Fall and they are having the students use iPhones w/ new imaging software. How cool is that!!!!

iPhone in medicine « monash medical student
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 08:27 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,328,617 times
Ani, that is very cool!
The iPhone is more of a platform than any single one device (or phone for that matter) and medical/sales is one place where stellar new applications will shortly start to proliferate.

Do not waste your time at the Southpark Apple Store today.
I was there at 8am (store opens at 10am) and was about number 75 in line.
Story is that the Apple Store only had 'permission' for a large one day line.
Today I waited 2 hours just to get an appointment to come back at 1pm to actually purchase two new phones.
LOL.

Random observation: am I the only person that wonders why mall security wear a helmet on a Segway?
Seems silly, IMHO.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:35 AM

392 posts, read 1,184,956 times
Oh, mullman, I wish I would have caught you on the Hancock show, too. For some reason I missed reading that in your post previously. Best wishes to you for much success in your effort!!

Carolina Guy - are you hung over from your celebrating the new job?

Stripes, so glad you enjoyed the show. I called Ani to talk so I could miss out on the Nancy-fest here. You can come pick me and mom up in the 'stang if you want.

Bibit - you going to can all those tomatoes??? You could place them in stores all over the place, with some cool Bibit labels on the jars. Perhaps a Tomato + Margherita Salsa.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:48 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,919,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRoadGirl View Post
Bibit - you going to can all those tomatoes??? You could place them in stores all over the place, with some cool Bibit labels on the jars. Perhaps a Tomato + Margherita Salsa.
Hahahaha! Bibit Labels! I don't think a picture of a troll (me in the morning!) on tomato sauce will do very well, unfortunately!

Old 07-12-2008, 08:52 AM

392 posts, read 1,184,956 times
While I am sure you look fine in the a.m., not to worry, we'll doll you up. I am one of those people who has 2 looks, too, 1) au naturel and 2) dolled. You can't even tell we are the same person.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Ani, that is very cool!
The iPhone is more of a platform than any single one device (or phone for that matter) and medical/sales is one place where stellar new applications will shortly start to proliferate.

Do not waste your time at the Southpark Apple Store today.
I was there at 8am (store opens at 10am) and was about number 75 in line.
Story is that the Apple Store only had 'permission' for a large one day line.
Today I waited 2 hours just to get an appointment to come back at 1pm to actually purchase two new phones.
LOL.

Random observation: am I the only person that wonders why mall security wear a helmet on a Segway?
Seems silly, IMHO.
I bet things are nuts at the Apple store, for sure!!! I can wait . . . but don't wanna wait too long!!!!

I suspect the reason the security guys wear helmets is to set a good example for kids, LOL. You know - public relations. Or heck . . . maybe insurance liability . . . ???? Or maybe those guys just have a track record for falling and cracking their skulls!!!!!!

Last edited by brokensky; 07-12-2008 at 09:07 AM..

Old 07-12-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRoadGirl View Post
While I am sure you look fine in the a.m., not to worry, we'll doll you up. I am one of those people who has 2 looks, too, 1) au naturel and 2) dolled. You can't even tell we are the same person.
I have three stages: au naturel . . . semi-dolled and full drag, Hee Hee Hee. Full drag includes all the bells and whistles . . . and definitely takes more time.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:06 AM

714 posts, read 2,310,133 times
Well, I'll tell ya...

Friday night, planned: Go work out after work. Have a healthy meal before 8. In bed by 10.

Friday night, actual: Come home after work. Eat fries and wings at Beantown Pub. Drink 3 beers. Eat ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. In bed by midnight.

Saturday, planned: Get up early. Go work out. Come home and do laundry. Clean house.

Saturday, actual (so far): Get up at 9:45. Put on workout clothes. Sit in front of the computer.

Clearly my plans aren't working out.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:22 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,871,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Well, I'll tell ya...

Friday night, planned: Go work out after work. Have a healthy meal before 8. In bed by 10.

Friday night, actual: Come home after work. Eat fries and wings at Beantown Pub. Drink 3 beers. Eat ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. In bed by midnight.

Saturday, planned: Get up early. Go work out. Come home and do laundry. Clean house.

Saturday, actual (so far): Get up at 9:45. Put on workout clothes. Sit in front of the computer.

Ahhhh but the actual events sounds so much more fun!! Besides- lifting the beer bottle to your mouth burns calories- workout complete!

Old 07-12-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Well, I'll tell ya...

Hee Hee. But are you having fun???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte