Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 01:53 PM

3 posts, read 10,625 times

Advertisements

We live in the Crismark community(Indiantrail) and we are tired of people cutting through our yards.People have no sense of respect at all.We have a hard time maintaining our grass already.Where do we make a complaint ?and every homeowner needs to be aware of unwanted traffic through their yards ,when not at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 03:43 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,150,202 times
Try contacting the Homeowner's Association first. We have a problem with that as well and, believe it or not...some people don't understand why we don't want their dogs doing their business in our yard. What's with people???

Old 08-24-2008, 05:29 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Do you know who is doing it - like - kids . . . or what? Cause I cannot imagine why adults would want to cut through your yard. Just trying to picture this.

Are you talking about - cutting thru/ your yard and other neighbors' yards as a way to just get from one place to another (kids visiting back and forth?) Cause it sounded like you were referring to adults, maybe. Hit me as odd - I have never seen an adult cut through someone else's yard (except meter readers, LOL!!!).

Old 08-24-2008, 05:41 PM

999 posts, read 4,653,458 times
I live in Crismark as well, and haven't had an issue with this. Have you seen the person/people who are doing this? Can you just ask politely for them to stop? If it's kids they may not have been taught the proper manners regarding this. we live one house away from the corner, and the house next door to us was not sold until recently, so we had a good 6+ mos of noone living there, and my daughter and her friends would cut across the backyard....however once someone moved in I talked to my daughter (probably never should have let her start......) about NOT doing that anymore, since it was someones home now.
I don't know if the HOA would do anything......now if it were an unscreened garbage can outside......

Old 08-24-2008, 06:11 PM

364 posts, read 1,168,216 times
There is always the fence company! :-)

We have had issues with our neighbor's teens using our yard as an extension of their own. We spoke to them, but at times there are still "boundary issues". We have decided we need to plant a border, or get a fence. We don't have the money for the fence yet, so we just kindly ask them to go play on the community play fields when we see them in our yard.

I know people who have had neighbors from hell, and even though I am very type A (and it really annoys me), I know it could be A LOT worse. So I do take it with a grain of salt and try to be thankful that I don't have extreme parties at night, obnoxious music at 2am, etc. :-)

Old 08-24-2008, 07:14 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
I guess the term "neighborhood" isn't applicable here

Old 09-04-2008, 08:52 AM

3 posts, read 10,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Do you know who is doing it - like - kids . . . or what? Cause I cannot imagine why adults would want to cut through your yard. Just trying to picture this.

Are you talking about - cutting thru/ your yard and other neighbors' yards as a way to just get from one place to another (kids visiting back and forth?) Cause it sounded like you were referring to adults, maybe. Hit me as odd - I have never seen an adult cut through someone else's yard (except meter readers, LOL!!!).
yes kids and adults, riding bikes through our yards,walking up the driveway to cut through our yards, and if you say something to them they sometimes give you that "go to hell look"

Old 09-04-2008, 08:58 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,704,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by protected View Post
yes kids and adults, riding bikes through our yards,walking up the driveway to cut through our yards, and if you say something to them they sometimes give you that "go to hell look"
As for the bikers - maybe you should just lay out a few hidden spike strips in your yard - that'll learn em

Old 09-04-2008, 09:13 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
As for the bikers - maybe you should just lay out a few hidden spike strips in your yard - that'll learn em

I'd skip that. Given that you know pedestrians commonly cut across your property you are essentially introducing a known hazard with the potential to cause injury (and maybe even the intent to cause injury).

With the litigious nature of folks today that could be a nasty situation.

no, better to take a more sublime approach... walls and fences! Or at least a well-placed flower garden or hedge (if polite requests fall on deaf ears).

A chained, snarling barking dog strategically placed may help your tresspassing problem, but it won't help your lawn...

Good luck, sometimes you have to ask yourself what's really important...

Old 09-04-2008, 09:55 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Prickly hedges and rosebushes worked for me in the past. You can buy those garden edging fences pretty cheaply - they aren't strong, you just stick them into the grouond, but they come in about 30 in. heioght. It's a reminder to not walk that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte