Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:00 PM

326 posts, read 752,328 times

Advertisements

I live in Mooresville and this is what I have experienced here in the year and 2months I have lived here! I have experienced a neighbor who beat my husband up, stands naked in his garage facing my house touching himself and plays the playboy channel on his trucks radio that he parks next to my backyard! And the police have done nothing! This guy has tried to run us off the road, throws dirt on our roof, messes with our pool, cuts our bushes that are not on his property, steals my newspaper and mail, has about 8 spotlights as of now shining at my house and he is adding more every day!
The list goes on but the cops do nothing! So choose wisely if your moving to NC or Iredell county or Mooresville because it seems the cops and the laws are from the 1800's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 12:08 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,950,060 times
Serious? sounds like that new movie coming out.....

Old 09-17-2008, 12:10 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Peachy View Post
I live in Mooresville and this is what I have experienced here in the year and 2months I have lived here! I have experienced a neighbor who beat my husband up, stands naked in his garage facing my house touching himself and plays the playboy channel on his trucks radio that he parks next to my backyard! And the police have done nothing! This guy has tried to run us off the road, throws dirt on our roof, messes with our pool, cuts our bushes that are not on his property, steals my newspaper and mail, has about 8 spotlights as of now shining at my house and he is adding more every day!
The list goes on but the cops do nothing! So choose wisely if your moving to NC or Iredell county or Mooresville because it seems the cops and the laws are from the 1800's!
If this is all true, install a few cameras around the perimeter of your home - get the video of him in the act and call the police - problem solved. Actually, if the cops were from the "1800's" they probably would have strung him up by now

Old 09-17-2008, 12:19 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
If gas wasn't so expensive a molotov cocktail could be interesting.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:20 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Peachy View Post
Okay. Obviously you are upset. But I must take exception to what you have told us.

If you had proof, Law Enforcement would indeed take action. And your H could have filed charges of assault and battery if he had chosen to do so. Or you could sue the man.

You really need to give better info b/f you come on and make a blanket statement about all of Mooresville.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:39 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,335,039 times
That is horrible. (oh, i misread "2 months" but 1 yr + 2months is still a short time). I was very concerned about neighbors and neighborhood but really the only research I could do was drive by my intended house and engage a neighbor in conversation and discreetly ask him if there was anything we should know about if we intend to buy the house. In the 3 months we have been here we have been over to one neighbor's house 3 times for parties, had them back for brunch, borrowed their hedge clipper, had the neighbors on the other side over for brunch, been to their house for his birthday party, borrowed his step ladder, had the neighbors across the street over for brunch, and gone out of our way to meet several other very nice neighbors but haven't socialized yet. We feel very fortunate that everyone here is so nice and friendly. I feel bad for you because there is nothing worse than having lousy neighbors and yours sounds like the worst.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:01 PM

76 posts, read 291,325 times
This is truly terrible, but it has nothing to do with the town of Mooresville. It could happen anywhere. Everyone in Mooresville is not like your neighbor. In fact, I'd say probably 99% of the people in Mooresville are just nice, normal people going about their own lives--just like any other town across the country.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:31 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennej View Post
This is truly terrible, but it has nothing to do with the town of Mooresville. It could happen anywhere. Everyone in Mooresville is not like your neighbor. In fact, I'd say probably 99% of the people in Mooresville are just nice, normal people going about their own lives--just like any other town across the country.
AMEN! The OP put up a blatantly over the top post about a great little town. Like everywhere else, there are some bad to go with the good, but the OP lost my interest and any compassion when they chose to bash an entire town for purported actions of 1 neighbor.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:38 PM

876 posts, read 3,792,173 times
what did your husband do to get his ass kicked?

are you that hot that your neighbor gets naked and spanks it when he sees you? that seems like a compliment to me?

lastly, the acts that you are stating that the police have done nothing about are due to the fact that there is no solid evidence that your neighbor did this. Sure the likelihood is there, but without VIDEO or about 100 independent witnesses, no jury would convict someone based on what the victim "thinks" happened.

If police arrested and incarcerated people based on what someone "said" happened, we would have more people in jail then we have roaming around free.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:07 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Seems that I've heard this story before on another web group. Have you taken videos of this guy yet? A picture's worth a thousand words, maybe the police can do something about this guy with picture proof. Take it to the news stations if you don't get any satisfaction. He sounds like a real a$$. Sorry you're being subjected to such a jerk!

Good Luck!

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte